• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Allan Ernest Jones

1. A

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

hi ,i remember all those episodes ,during my time there from 1965 to 70. you were more scared of Dad finding out that you had been punished ,than the corporal punishment dealt out. but as you said it was universal punishment . i only had the one caning . learnt an early lesson .
  2. A

Yes Stafford prison i recall now ,"my first time inside " lol . I am 3 mile out of Crediton , nice to hear from you .
  3. A

hi Ron , I lived in Tower road ,my Dad was a scaffolder and i worked with him on power stations ,remember Rugeley .and a prison up that way too that we worked on , We did the Ansells sign at Aston cross and ATV studios and BBC TOTP. Now live in Mid Devon .
  4. A

All Saints Primary School

i was there when the donkey was used .
  5. A

wondered if ATV still have some footage of the Nativity plays ,
  6. A

the films were shown in the school evenings ,i had the job of collecting threepenny pieces on the door , also had a turn in the snack shop , remember scooping a handful of drinking chocolate from the large tub .nearly choked on it LOL my cummupance .
  7. A

I believe he played the lead in Iolanthe , he does have some photos i will ask him if he can publish them. kind regards Allan Jones
  8. A

i was born 1954 so was there same time as you pair ,
  9. A

Gary Bahnam , Colin Hardwick , were also friends from UTS 1969
  10. A

My Brother Paul was in class above me , One of the teachers used to slap you on back and this happened to paul who suffered from Asthma ,needless to say he had an attack . My dad went to the school to confront him ,not sure what happened , I remember the science teacher took a few of us to his...
  11. A

great to see some photos , my friends were eugene Thompson and Amin Sabin , and David Bently
  12. A

I remember Mr Parker he signed my leaving certificate , my brothers and i were in some of the operas we played ,Iolanth , Pirates of penzance , and Trial by jury , we had to play the female roles , lol,
  13. A

I was there 1965 to 1970 ,
  14. A

the annex was wood working i think ,we used to walk there and go past a girls school en route
  15. A

i went from1960 to 1965 remember the nativity play being filmed by ATV , the films they showed we used to collect thre entrance fee at door to hall , bought a girl a box of maltesers she refused them .lol
Back