• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by alana124

1. alana124

Bull Ring 1930s - 1950s

I NEVER TIRE OF LOOKING AT THE OLD PHOTO S OF bRUM Its where I grew up and town was me and my friends stomping ground.The Bull Ring, The Art Gallery. Used to get the no 7 bus from nechells .Saturday was C and A day when we left school tights skirts and spiky heels Then to the pictures memories
  2. alana124

The End Of An Era.. Carl's last radio show...today!

Start a revolution BRING BACK CARL HE IS AN INSTITUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. alana124

Old street pics..

What wonderful pictures the old cars the shop fronts all with character wish they were like that now
  4. alana124

Wilson Stuart school

My daughter wnt to That school in about 1968 she loved it there
  5. alana124

Housing : Living conditions

One of the things I remember is the cellar, where the coalman used to tip the cole or coke in through a top just under the window.Also the way the windows had sah cords and my mom used to sit on the window ledge upstairs to clean the outside
  6. alana124

St Vincent's, Vauxhall Grove

I did go to st vincents did my first holy communiun left when I was about 7 couldn t get on with the nuns
  7. alana124

Bull Ring 1930s - 1950s

I used to work by there it was called Bembows sold all sorts, Ladies ,mens, houshold great big store
  8. alana124

Bull Ring 1930s - 1950s

Why oh why didn t we just build around all these wonderful structures in the bullring imagine the character it would have now
  9. alana124

Who did you have on your bedroom wall... ?

Thats gene Kelly by the way
  10. alana124

Who did you have on your bedroom wall... ?

I loved all the musicals Betty hutton, Ginger Rogers,gebe Kelly to name but a few
  11. alana124

Items that have faded away

Liquid parrafin I remember black jack ointment for boils etc.
  12. alana124

Cost of football match

i have just ordered tickets for west brom blues match away they are £40 each and you have to make your own way there notice i used blue ink
  13. alana124

Hoban

that sounds about right for years i have loved colour and sparkle now it all in fashion we should have more colour in our lives jean xx
  14. alana124

Yew Tree Road school

is nt it wonderful to hear all the proper english names for these teachers and a lot of very good ones were welsh very polite and kind
  15. alana124

Astoness ( lyn )

so so sorry lyn thinking of you god bless xxxxxxxxxxx
Back