• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by aggie2347

1. A

Birmingham Fire Stations

Inside centre comment from Paul Arnold re Badger.I served at Brook Lane in the 70's as a LFm on Red Watch with Badger, Dave Abel, John Sharp, John Herdman, and Co. I remember your Mom well. The last time I saw her was at your Dads funeral. Please remember me to her. I really liked badger and...
  2. A

Birmingham Fire Stations

A Brilliant blast from the past thanks for posting them I have put them on the WMFS retired site and no doubt they will generate a great deal of interest. I will keep you posted with any comments.
  3. A

Birmingham Fire Stations

Hiya, I knew all the men you refer to and I lived in the Bedsit 1962 and served at the Green in 1971 happy memories of Badger and our banter when we crossed paths. Have you any pictures of those days?
  4. A

Birmingham Fire Stations

Thanks for posting. I have taken the liberty of reposting the pictures of your dad on the WMFS site as they will be of great interest to the old hands who will remember him.
  5. A

National Service

The CSM in question CSM Clifford RIP I got his rank wrong in the picture
  6. A

National Service

We were proud of our handiwork until th CSM put us on a charge for damaging the grass.
  7. A

National Service

Boots for the use of.
  8. A

National Service

Nobody owned up,the hunt for the perpetrators lasted a few days before they finally gave up.
  9. A

National Service

The over bearing discipline was sometimes released by bucking the System and having a laugh which in our case sometimes went wrong.
  10. A

National Service

And the comradeship continued at Association Days. Feeling the weight of the Bren Gun I wonder how I managed to carry and fire it for mile after mile in all weathers.
  11. A

National Service

But the comrades you made during those times were priceless.
  12. A

National Service

Hear hear Ray Griffiths what a great post our experience of Army life during that period was much about the same, but we came out at the other end better for it which stood me in good stead throughout my next career.
  13. A

National Service

Your worst nightmare if you ever crossed his path RSM "Tibby" Britain.
  14. A

National Service

If you were lucky you ended up fully trained after 6 months and fit as a butchers dog ready for your posting to a Battalion in my case 1 Coy 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards stationed at Bradbury Barracks Krefeld Germany.
  15. A

National Service

All you that enter here abandoned all hope. The main gate to the Guards Depot Caterham.