• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by aggie2347

1. A

Group Photo

Hiya, I am sure that George Quibell is part of Beryl Quibell's family who allowed me to post a picture from her family album. I will pass on your comments. Regards.
  2. A

Group Photo

A Family of Plasters called Quibell renovating houses following bomb damage or new Council Houses in Birmingham. Family photo courtesy of Beryl Quibell
  3. A

Group photos

Central Fire Station married quarters landing crew taking a break in the 50s.
  4. A

Group photos

Jubilant winners of the Brigade BA Competitions. My good friend in the service cap. "Lofty" Sanders RIP. Birmingham Fire & Ambulance Service.
  5. A

Group photos

Acocks Green Fire Station 1941 my Station for a couple of years in the 70s Cheers Viv I will keep them coming.
  6. A

Group photos

Despatch Riders Hobmore Road
  7. A

Group photos

Birmingham Fire Brigade Ladies Football Team
  8. A

Aston Fire Station

Yes 1 hour or 2 hour proto depending on size of the oxygen cylinder.
  9. A

Aston Fire Station

Siebel Gorman Proto Breath Apparatus used by Birmingham Fire Brigade until it was superseded by Compressed Air Sets in the 70s. Picture taken at Aston Fire Station on the right my ex comrades Fm Clive James and Fm Mick Rooney. The duration of Proto could be extended by closing and opening the...
  10. A

Birmingham Fire Brigade

Central Fire Station nearing completion by Percy Cox main contractor
  11. A

Fatal Fire Frankfurt St Hockley

https://m.facebook.com/groups/107579369785/permalink/10157295026684786/
  12. A

horse drawn engine

https://www.facebook.com/groups/766295596743291/permalink/3900102363362583/
  13. A

Group photos

White Watch Central Fire Station early 60s. I (1st left back row) am only one of 3 who are still alive and kicking.
  14. A

Group photos

BF&AS Breathing Apparatus Competitions Central fire Station
  15. A

Group photos

WMFS. CFO George Merrill RIP and another. Line up of Firemen in Chrome Helmets at Central Fire Station.