• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by aggie2347

1. A

Electric motor assisted Bicycles (E-bikes)

Peddle assisted bikes are the best thing since sliced bread for an 84 year old like me with mobility problems its gets me out of the house in the fresh air and meeting like minded people on my travels about 12 mile a day. I Peddle for 75% of the time and apply the power on hills which are very...
  2. A

Golden Hillock Road Six Ways Small Heath

Motor Cycle test crew BSA. Credit Small Heath Old Pictures
  3. A

Credit Small Heath Old pictures
  4. A

Courtesy Karen Green Small Heath Old Pictures
  5. A

Hi El Tel, Have you tried the small heath old pictures Facebook page there is quite a lot of info including pictures of Golden Hillock Rd. Regards.
  6. A

Kwikform, Waterloo Road

The Pump Ladder from the Wartime Fire Station (Kwikform) Waterloo Rd. My Father acting as auctioneer raising funds for the Fire Service Benevolent Fund at the Swan Pub Yardley.
  7. A

Kwikform, Waterloo Road

The Kwikform building with the imposing entrance was a wartime fire station, my dad was stationed there at sometime during WW2. The Bulls Head was there second home on stand down. One of his fire service mates owned Kents Hairdressers near the Swan.
  8. A

Zephyr sewing machines

I worked at Universal Sewing Machines Hust Street before joining the army in 1956. All the Sewing Machine parts where brought in from another factory and assembled at the Hurst Street site. Although, the main Machine was branded a Zephyr they also refurbished Singer Machines and motorised hand...
  9. A

Auxiliary Fire Service

BravoZuluOne looks like Nick Savage has posted your pictures on The Auxiliary Fire Service History Group on Facebook so I didn't get the chance of crediting them to you after we exchanged messages. I have took the liberty of sharing your pics with WMFS Retired & Serving Firefighters Network in...
  10. A

Auxiliary Fire Service

BravoZuluOne, what a bostin set of pictures my Father was Stationed at an AFS Station on the Coventry Road I opened your pictures with bated breath hoping to see him but know such luck. The Auxiliary Fire Service History Group would love to have sight of these pictures if you would kindly give...
  11. A

Auxiliary Fire Service

12. A

Halfords Fire

Halfords Fire. A 50ft Wheeled Escape was pitched to an upper window and 2 men dressed in Breathing Apparatus connected to a smoke line entered the warehouse to locate the outbreak when a "Flashover " occurred the BA men were lucky to escape with their lives after being assisted from the burning...
  13. A

Gas attacks and gas masks in WW2

Under the mistletoe 1940s style
Back