• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by adap2it

1. adap2it

Summer Lane

Reminds me of the girls that used to do handstands would tuck their dress into their knickers to stop 'exposure' Dave A
  2. adap2it

its mikejees birthday

Happy Birthday Mike! Dave A
  3. adap2it

Steam Locos

I saw that Ivatt loco on the SVR Dave A
  4. adap2it

Paddington Street Aston

I lived at 4 back of 52 Paddington St. (4/52) Dave A
  5. adap2it

MERRY CHRISTMAS BHF 2022

Well it's Christmas Eve here in Fort Myers, Florida, and the relative cold weather snap gives it a more seasonal feel. I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas. Dave A xxx (& wife Pat)
  6. adap2it

MERRY CHRISTMAS BHF 2022

A great video Lyn! What struck me, other than the video part was Bing singing 'White Christmas'. Recorded 1942, 80 years ago reminiscing about "just like the ones we used to know" Dave A
  7. adap2it

Steam Locos

Agreed...but it was/is available in America. Wasn't it Lloyd that indicated it wasn't available in his country? Dave A
  8. adap2it

Steam Locos

I watched it in Canada. I did not know that anything on YouTube was unavailable. Something not right here... Dave A
  9. adap2it

Steam Locos

I found this a very interesting video...not sure if it's been posted previously. Dave A
  10. adap2it

Its Astoness’s (Lyn) birthday

Have a great day Lyn :heart: Dave A
  11. adap2it

REMEMBRANCE DAY 2021/2022

My Dad's youngest brother died at Arnhem, close to the end of the war. He never got over it and never spoke of it... Dave A
  12. adap2it

Queen Elizabeth II has died

Takes me back to the Coronation party in Paddington St. She has been a constant throughout my lifetime. I will miss her presence. Watched the funeral and shed tears as the lone piper departed. God Bless Her!! Dave A
  13. adap2it

Old Maps of Birmingham

A not so old map of the City Centre showing places of interest. Not sure about the time frame, but it must have been in the 70's or 80's because I needed it to find my way around. Dave A
  14. adap2it

High Street Aston

Here is a photo that I don't believe I've seen here previously. It captures the House That Jack Built & the Aston Hippodrome in the same view. Dave A
  15. adap2it

The English Language.

I respectfully disagree about the use of oriented/orientated. I have never, up to this point in my life at 82, heard orientated used on this side of the pond, or pressurized (into doing something). Not saying it doesn't get said over here, just that I have never heard it. Dave Sr.
Back