• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

adap2it's latest activity

• adap2it
    adap2it reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Summer Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    yes dave and i was one of them... :D happy days lyn
  • adap2it
    adap2it replied to the thread Summer Lane.
    Reminds me of the girls that used to do handstands would tuck their dress into their knickers to stop 'exposure' Dave A
  • adap2it
    adap2it replied to the thread its mikejees birthday.
    Happy Birthday Mike! Dave A
  • adap2it
    adap2it replied to the thread Its Banjo's birthday.
    happy day eh! Dave A
  • adap2it
    adap2it reacted to Richard Dye's post in the thread Save Birmingham with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I appreciate that, there are many large American cities that do the same, however the ADA, American Disabiliries Act requires...
  • adap2it
    adap2it reacted to John L's post in the thread New Street Station Platform 3 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This picture was taken from New Street No. 1 Signal Box 1954 looking towards the Queens Hotel with platforms 3 & 4 on the left. The...
  • adap2it
    adap2it reacted to Richard Dye's post in the thread New Street Station Platform 3 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Wonderful photo! That loco is a great cop…70000!
  • adap2it
    adap2it replied to the thread New Street Station Platform 3.
    Looks like platform 3 to me... Dave A
    • p3.jpg
  • adap2it
    adap2it reacted to Gerry Cannell's post in the thread Aston hippodrome with Appreciate Appreciate.
    A wonderful story, with a very sad ending. As you may have read I appeared there with my troupe back in the fifties, when the last...
  • adap2it
    adap2it reacted to Sten Thomas's post in the thread Aston hippodrome with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I well remember going on the tram to the Aston "Hip" on my own when I was only thirteen, so thirty years later and upon hearing the old...
  • adap2it
    adap2it replied to the thread Ormond Street.
    We used to watch the blacksmith making horseshoes and shodding the hooves on Ormond St. The location would have been around the tin box...
  • adap2it
    adap2it reacted to Banjo's post in the thread newtown row shops with Appreciate Appreciate.
    As I wrote last year, when I uploaded the Six Ways video, I've made some panoramic image videos of Aston using public domain photos. I...
  • adap2it
    adap2it replied to the thread Pugh family.
    I recall a Clifford Pugh when I lived in Aston. Not sure of dates... Dave A
Back