• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by acer

1. A

schools class mates

Hi does anyone remember Janet sutherland she was my best friend while we attended Ada road school about in the 50s Iwould love to hear how she is getting on ? acer
  2. A

The City Of Birmingham Baths Department 1851 - 1951

Hi phil I remember going to the wash baths in green lane when we were to old to wash in our tin bath . The baths were awful rusty at the bottom and only aloud so much water and time , them were the days .Acer
  3. A

Birmingham Factory Football Teams

Just shows how thick I am sorry ha ha Jenny
  4. A

HI Eddie is it a rugby ball ? and the letters you mean on the ball ? Jenny
  5. A

Hi Dave have I made a mistake is it a rugby ball and do you know of the team ? ACER
  6. A

which face rings a bell ? Acer
  7. A

Grand Hotel Colmore Row

Hi I remember doing a Touch Typing Course in the 60s at the Grand Hotel ,I thought a very posh place, did anybody else out there do this course ?, would be nice to hear off anyone . Acer
  8. A

Garrison Lane School

Hi Junie I went to Garrison lane infants not for long as someone locked me in the toilets which were outside oh I did cry , then I went to Ada Road, I did love that school did not want to leave,then on to Tilton Rad Girls l then on to work at 15, in 1965. my maiden name BARNES . Nice to hear...
  9. A

Where did you live

I was born at 39 Barwell road Deritend in 1949 got married in 1969 lived in Edward Road , Chelmsley Wood in 1970 , and moved to Kingstanding in 1980 and we are still here maiden name Barnes married name Hill. ACER
  10. A

Hi anyone remember a team named CHANCELLOR OR CHANNCELLAR they played in 1930/31 in the area of Garrison lane area my father was john barnes any clues would be appreciated Acer
  11. A

Wolseley Street Small Heath

Hi bluemack I lived in Barwell road , I went to Ada road school and Tilton road school , I have photos of class pictures when I was in Ada road school in 1950s but no pictures of the teachers only on the group pictures. My sister had 2 friends who lived in your st Elain Rigg and Patrica...
  12. A

factories

I worked at Hadens in Westley street just off Watery lane in the 60s my mother Lucy and my sister Christine worked there our surname Barnes
  13. A

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

hi dennis yes look like a lot of rufeans my dad middle back row, I would like to know where they played but no response yet from anyone yet . its really an old copy thank you Jenny(Acer)
  14. A

IVY LANE ASTON 1911

Re: Acer thank you for the information,sorry for the delay in replying, as far as i know my grandmother emma had only my father john barnes. Acer.
  15. A

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew of this team that was called chancellor the area was by garrison lane in the 1930 to 31 my father was in this team his name John Barnes better known as Jack. Acer.
Back