• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by abigailcasson

1. abigailcasson

National Trust Back To Backs Inge Street

Thank you, Mike - this has been incredibly helpful for my research!
  2. abigailcasson

Hi Mike, Thank you! I have a couple of requests that would be great to know. I have attached what I have worked out so far, based off the national trust map, with black pen being the new numbers and pencil being the old, with past residents being circled in a blue box. 1) Where is 53 Inge...
  3. abigailcasson

Is anyone able to help me figure out the street numbering on Inge Street and Hurst Street? It's quite confusing. I know that the houses were renumbered between 1883 and 1900, but what did the before and after numbering look like? 28 Hurst Street became 63 Hurst Street is as much as I know. Does...
  4. abigailcasson

NATIONAL TRUST BACK TO BACKS AND MEMORIES OF OUR BACK TO BACKS

Thanks so much for this, Pete. This gives me a real insight into what it was like - I often find that the National Trust can romanticise the past. What a terribly tough time... Thanks again.
  5. abigailcasson

NATIONAL TRUST BACK TO BACKS AND MEMORIES OF OUR BACK TO BACKS

Hi all! I am looking for information about the people who once resided in what is now the National Trust's Back-to-Back property at the corner of Inge Street and Hurst Street. The National Trust gives some information on the Mitchell's, the Oldfield's, and claims that a Jewish family, the...
  6. abigailcasson

Glass eyes. Asort of remedy.

Hi Jean, I am unable to see this photo and would love to use it for my research project for the National Trust! Would you be able to post it again or send it to me? Thanks.
Back