• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by 7LRT

1. 7

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Perhaps at the time we didn’t realise the future benefits we would continue to enjoy throughout our lives. My sincere thanks to all those involved in providing the opportunity together with the skilled instructors.
  2. 7

Hardy Spicers Ltd

So sad to see the demise this site. Whilst being employed by Forgings and Presswork I spent the first year of my apprenticeship at the apprentice training school at Hardy Spicer in 1960. Whilst a long time ago I remember every detail of that most enjoyable and educational period which set me up...
  3. 7

Osborne Road School Erdington

I’m Roy Thompson and I also remember Mr Watkins, Miss Dole, Mr Cliffe, Mr Bomford (headmaster), Mrs Ollrenshaw? went to Moor End Lane from here before passing for Handsworth Technical School. Amazing how distant memory improves as one gets older.
  4. 7

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Thank you Phil, of course I remember you all now and I must say I enjoyed my time with you all. I do remember the model aircraft experience, served me right for filling the fuel tank, stupid boy, however the model landed in the top of the trees bordering Chester Road near Banners Gate entrance...
  5. 7

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Yes Alan worked with and was a good friend of my father but the works engineering office was across the roadway from where you have arrowed and I believe it was in a single story building which ran alongside the roadway and abutted the main factory. If I remember correctly Gordon Hume's office...
  6. 7

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Hi, I am new to this forum and have only just read this entry so apologise for the delay in replying. My father, Fred Thompson became Works Engineer when Gordon became a Director, do you by chance remember him? Dad died in 1960 but I was an apprentice there until becoming a draughtsman working...
  7. 7

4 Marsh Lane Erdington

Thank you for your post, what memories of my youth this brought back. I was born in 1942 and lived at 24, Shortheath Road, which is but a stones throw away, and was there until 1962. From a very early age I was sent by my parents with their order to the "chippy" in Marsh Lane.
Back