• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by 1963ADRIAN

1. 1

Dudley Zoo

Hi Andy That would be great and yes my interest is purely hobby and I love doing it, I have currently got a list of most of the species kept at the zoo since it opened so some of your pictures may help with this project as well because it's great to know which enclosure had what species in and...
  2. 1

Dudley Zoo

Hi Andy I would love to see the collection if you could upload them it would be great or if not perhaps we could meet up and I could have a look at them Regards Adrian B63
  3. 1

Dudley Zoo

Hi All has anyone been to Dudley recently and seen how much work as been done by the management and staff then I would recommend a visit as the zoo is now moving forward at a very good pace. What we should all remember is that the zoo is being held back by the lack of investment by English...
  4. 1

Old Birmingham/Dudley Zoo Photographs

I am still looking for information on both Birmingham Zoo now called Birmingham Nature Centre and Dudley Zoo. Any information would be gratefully recieved along with any photographs or information on guide books Happy new Year to all Adrian
  5. 1

Many thanks for your reply mikejee I am still looking for photographs, guide books and any information on Dudley Zoo It may seem to be not much to you but any little help or memory that you have of the animals or attractions will be of great help to me Can you help??
  6. 1

Nowanoz I have sent you a private message and many thanks for your reply
  7. 1

I would like to thank everyone who replied to this thread the information and photographs have hlped me alot. I would like to make another appeal for more information and photographs if people have them and I would love to here of your memories of the zoo or even better if you worked at the zoo...
  8. 1

Pollypops I don't work at the zoo but I visit there about every ten days as I look after my mother and I count this as my chill out time. I talk to a lot of the keepers and have a very good history of the zoo species wise. I would love to work at the zoo as I find everyone there very friendly...
  9. 1

Cuddles was hastily rehoused at Dudley Zoo as the zoo that where looking after him closed out of the blue and Dudley stepped in to house him in a hastily arranged pool. They were going to move Cuddles to France but unfortunatly Cuddles died shortly before the arranged date of transfer...
  10. 1

These are great as you can see how the zoo has changed by the back grounds Many thanks for your help any more information from anyone as little as it may seem would be great as I've said before every little helps
  11. 1

I would be very interested in seeing your photographs It sounds like you have many good memories of the zoo Hope to hear from you shortly
  12. 1

if anyone would like a update on Dudley Zoo just let me know and I will post some photographs I have taken lately and I will also update on new arrivals shortly
  13. 1

Astonian - the zoo is starting to get to look alot better these days I visit about every 2 weeks as I care for my mother and have one day off every 2 weeks, The Old Ape House as just been refurbished at the back (where the public used to walk through) and made into 2 pretty large indoor playing...
  14. 1

That would be absolutly brilliant I would love to see some images from around that time many thanks for getting in touch
  15. 1

I would like to see those as any information I can take from them would help me alot as I have said every little bit of information no matter how small will help me in alot of ways many thanks
Back