• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our childhood toys

I seem to remember sticking something ? in the end of a bike pump & the air pressure would shoot it out. Anyone remember those foil papers from ciggie packets that we used to shape & then toss them up to the ceiling where they would stick ?

In the 60's my brothers played many hours with their plastic forts that they assembled and had the plastic cowboys and Indians to go with it.The only thing that spoilt it was they always smashed it up to put it away when they were finished with it.

I seem to remember sticking something ? in the end of a bike pump & the air pressure would shoot it out. Anyone remember those foil papers from ciggie packets that we used to shape & then toss them up to the ceiling where they would stick ?
I can remember forcing hawthorn berries down a bike pump and really building up the pressure. When the berry shot out it really stung especially if it hit exposed skin.

I bought one from another shop (not sure which one, not Wilko) and it contained two in a set. I was worried about the size of the balls for small children so I changed the balls for ping pong balls. I bought them for my granddaughter, but we grown-ups get as much fun out of them ! Viv

I bought one from another shop (not sure which one, not Wilko) and it contained two in a set. I was worried about the size of the balls for small children so I changed the balls for ping pong balls. I bought them for my granddaughter, but we grown-ups get as much fun out of them ! Viv
great stuff Viv i am not going to say i did buy one to play with:grinning:

I had a bat-and-ball which mom called a biffbat, the ball was on a piece of rubbery string and it kept breaking. My brother had Jokari, not sure how to spell it, the ball was on a block of wood on the ground and needed two players with wooden bats a little larger than table tennis ones.
rosie.

Back