• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ritz Dance Hall Kings Heath.

I think I will unfortunately, I do not think Jill Riley will be there so I can apologise for that one dark night in my past 57 years ago. There was also a young girl, Jaqueline Haddock who used to go the Ritz. When I came back from Jersey she seemed to have vanished also. I think she had two brothers.

Last edited:
I most certainly will. I only lived on the Maypole border but it’s been a long time since I was in the area. Always went M5 M40 loop from Hayley Green when going that side of city to my parents grave.

Terence.
I have'nt driven through KH since the mid-90s, sounds like a bit of a challenge now ! Where, on the Maypole border, did you live, Terence ?

I have'nt driven through KH since the mid-90s, sounds like a bit of a challenge now ! Where, on the Maypole border, did you live, Terence ?
Strange I went to School In Yardley Wood. Infants, Junior and Secondary Modern. That was brought about as my mother had died when I was three but my grandmother Lines lived opposite the Yardley Wood Schools.

Strange I went to School In Yardley Wood. Infants, Junior and Secondary Modern. That was brought about as my mother had died when I was three but my grandmother Lines lived opposite the Yardley Wood Schools.
You must have spent a lot of time in Daisy Farm Park. I used to go down to the Drawbridge by the Aquaduct. Sometimes following the stream, up stream to the sandpits ( Hovering Gravels) there were trout in the stream up that end.

You must have spent a lot of time in Daisy Farm Park. I used to go down to the Drawbridge by the Aquaduct. Sometimes following the stream, up stream to the sandpits ( Hovering Gravels) there were trout in the stream up that end.
Yes, most of my young and teenage days. As well as playing there we used to cut across across to "The Prince" and over The Stiles, over Berry Mound, the sandpits and down to the aqueduct. We were very lucky in those days, living where we did, loads of fields to run around in. When I was a kid there was a row of prefabs in Glenavon, do you remember them ?

Yes, most of my young and teenage days. As well as playing there we used to cut across across to "The Prince" and over The Stiles, over Berry Mound, the sandpits and down to the aqueduct. We were very lucky in those days, living where we did, loads of fields to run around in. When I was a kid there was a row of prefabs in Glenavon, do you remember them ?
Yes I do remember the prefabs. There were more on the Alcester Rd before the shop and canal bridge. Petrol station on opposite side of the road years ago when I passed.

hi folks could we stay on topic please the last few posts are going astray

thank you

the team

no doubt you will most likely see some changes since then terence

lyn
Bottled it again. Just seem to not be able to go there since I said to Jill Riley I would not be seeing her again then she started crying. That was in 1965 and I still cannot believe I left a seventeen year old girl like that. My wife Marion said Jennifer ( step sister) told her Terry never stopped loving Jill and I am beginning to wonder myself. 57 years and it still comes back to haunt me.

Back