• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought any reputable garden centre would have herbs - both plants and seeds. Just watch what you plant and where as some, like mint and lemon balm, are best in containers as they can spread very rapidly.
Some do 6 packs though we end up with some we don;t use but they look and smell nice.Our rosemary is flowering now, pale blue flowers.

Located the robins' nest in the garage it is entwined in the three extension cables so I can't do the big lawn. It will have to be a wild flower meadow.We go in and out and they fly out when we go in usually. but I whistle to warn them. They get in through a gap where the corrogated roof meets the wall and the plum tree is pushing the wall in.
Had a quote for some tree pruning to appease our nice neighbours. mainly. The tree company are very conservation minded. They confirmed our neighbour who felled his oak, should not have, if we want our oak trimmed which hangs over the street they need permission. Not sure who from. They will trim a cherry birch and a lime a they have dead branches. And ashes for next door.

its

TODAY IS NATIONAL WEED APPRECIATION DAY

National Weed Appreciation Day on March 28th each year reminds us that some weeds are beneficial to us and our ecosystem. Humans have used weeds for food and as herbs for much of recorded history. Some are edible and nutritious, while other weeds have medicinal value

its

TODAY IS NATIONAL WEED APPRECIATION DAY

National Weed Appreciation Day on March 28th each year reminds us that some weeds are beneficial to us and our ecosystem. Humans have used weeds for food and as herbs for much of recorded history. Some are edible and nutritious, while other weeds have medicinal value

many of our flowers are wild, forget me nots, poppies, primroses, self heal, feverfew, honeysuckle, fumitory, some I dont know their names, fox and cubs, spiked speedwell, buttercups celandines etc etc, dog violets, daisies,

Last year I had more lawn added to my existing one but its coming up quite scarce as you can see all the ground through it. Can someone advise me how or if it can be made to look thicker so it matches my old lawn. Thanks

Last year I had more lawn added to my existing one but its coming up quite scarce as you can see all the ground through it. Can someone advise me how or if it can be made to look thicker so it matches my old lawn. Thanks
I`ve not had much experience with lawns but i would have thought mixing some seed with sharp sand & scatter where needed. Personally i have artificial lawn, always looks good & doesn`t need mowing.

Whatever it is Eric, it looks good. It looks like there`s one in next doors garden?
None next door Smudge it's just the tall bit of mine a bit out of focus, the old boy over the fence has nothing but grass and apple trees, the lovely apples are never picked they just rot away on the ground every year.

None next door Smudge it's just the tall bit of mine a bit out of focus, the old boy over the fence has nothing but grass and apple trees, the lovely apples are never picked they just rot away on the ground every year.
Sun rays and satellite dishes in the garden today over the fences.

Attachments

• DFE28F0F-67F1-4502-946E-691A854F48F3.jpeg
    DFE28F0F-67F1-4502-946E-691A854F48F3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
I`ve not had much experience with lawns but i would have thought mixing some seed with sharp sand & scatter where needed. Personally i have artificial lawn, always looks good & doesn`t need mowing.
Ours did better after a draught, the sun scorched all the moss out. But it is very patchy now, we don;t know if it is because the plum tee is too spreading or the root underneath, or where we feed the birds. We noticed this year they have been tilling the soil in the pots where we have roses and shrubs, usually they dig stuff out.

this time of year i leave the cuttings on the ground after mowing.

At certain times of year - when the grass isn't growing too quickly - it's fine to leave grass clippings on your lawn. As the clippings decompose, they will turn into a mulch that feeds your soil and helps the lawn to stay healthy. (Some lawn mowers will even mulch the grass as they cut it.)

I have just read (and checked with other newspapers to see if I am being taken in by april 1st joke) that slug pellets are banned from use in UK gardens from today.
Is it true, I have some pellets but usually drown slugs in a beer trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back