• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Radio

I needed a small radio when i was out walking.so i bought one off fleabay. it worked but the switch was a bit loose so i told the seller. wow he said we cant have that and sent me 2 more free of charge,:grinning: 1st Christmas present tis year
:grinning:

Not having a boat and being well land bound I rarely listened to the weather forcasts. ButIi did listen to Saturday Club, with Brian Matthew, who still broadcasts now and compulsory listening was Sunday Lunch times, "Round the Horne" with Kenneth Horne ect.
Don’t forget Two way family favourites, Billy Cotton Band Show, Alf.

To be honest I've been a fan of aunty beeb all my life and thought the license fee good value taking into account what the beeb offers in total, TV/radio/news/podcasts but this last couple of years its changed dramatically with its focus aimed at keeping the young/woke/snowflake/offended by everything mob happy at the cost of good unbiased content IMO. A warning before the Dad's Army film was shown saying some content may offend some people......beyond belief.

If I could now cancel my licence legally I would in the blink of an eye and never thought I'd think this way.

To be honest I've been a fan of aunty beeb all my life and thought the license fee good value taking into account what the beeb offers in total, TV/radio/news/podcasts but this last couple of years its changed dramatically with its focus aimed at keeping the young/woke/snowflake/offended by everything mob happy at the cost of good unbiased content IMO. A warning before the Dad's Army film was shown saying some content may offend some people......beyond belief.

If I could now cancel my licence legally I would in the blink of an eye and never thought I'd think this way.
richard.never have i seen so much tosh on the box as this chrismas. thank goodness for my rig and this forum.

I remember when ITV went live, all of the huffing and puffing about commercial TV! In the US all radio & TV stations are independent except the public stations which are government funded, no license is required. A majority of these stations are partnering with British TV both BBC & ITV (or whatever it is called these days) and showing the British shows with a 1-year or season delay. BRITBOX is a big seller here with plenty of BBC content being purchased.
My parents did not always have the way with all to pay for that license and today with so much commercial content why is there a fee?

Back