• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wilmot Breeden Limited

And another! Virtually every British car roads today carries some components Wilmot Breeden.

Attachments

• Screenshot (359).png
    Screenshot (359).png
    399 KB · Views: 11
Noticed this WB Coronation trinket box on a Facebook story.

Attachments

• Screenshot (386).png
    Screenshot (386).png
    418.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (387).png
    Screenshot (387).png
    212.7 KB · Views: 9
Development model in this case means developing your muscles in your left leg! The thing I remember about the vehicle was an electrically heated windscreen which was probably a recent innovation then. Were you the one who made the phone call from Onich?

Arnold
I might have made the call but I think there were three of us in the box at the time and it could have been any one of us.
I was no longer an apprentice when this trip occurred. I seem to remember that someone dropped out as a driver and I was recruited at the last minute - possibly by Pete Doyle.
I don’t know if you would remember me. Here I am few years earlier, with Miles Breeden, receiving an award for turning up more often than anyone else, an honour I shared with John Hack. Perhaps you remember John?
7BEFACD6-1A71-425F-B572-0BCB3DDCE720.jpeg
Dave

I might have made the call but I think there were three of us in the box at the time and it could have been any one of us.
I was no longer an apprentice when this trip occurred. I seem to remember that someone dropped out as a driver and I was recruited at the last minute - possibly by Pete Doyle.
I don’t know if you would remember me. Here I am few years earlier, with Miles Breeden, receiving an award for turning up more often than anyone else, an honour I shared with John Hack. Perhaps you remember John?
View attachment 157853
Dave
Is that Don Kettle in the background? I know the name John Hack. Keen footballer?

I think he was a sprayer …his parents my Nan and grandad lived on ammington road number 32
Can't say I remember him, long time ago. He would have been able to fall out of bed straight into work. I lived just round the corner in Stockfield Rd. Also I had an aunt and uncle whose surname was Leek, they lived in Shirley.

Can't say I remember him, long time ago. He would have been able to fall out of bed straight into work. I lived just round the corner in Stockfield Rd. Also I had an aunt and uncle whose surname was Leek, they lived in Shirley.
Blimey small world With the name leek …he used to work at the tannery with his grandad in ammington road also

The book "Coop in Birmingham in the Black Country" just says that the factory was acquired in 1920 for cycle production, went inti prams in 1923, and that the factory also made toys and stacking furniture
Cheers . Seems that we are around that area what did Wilmott Breedon and Churchill make.
The book "Coop in Birmingham in the Black Country" just says that the factory was acquired in 1920 for cycle production, went inti prams in 1923, and that the factory also made toys and stacking furniture

Cheers . Seems that we are around that area what did Wilmott Breedon and Churchill make.
Wilmcote Breedon made the bulk of the door handles and other chromed items for the bulk of the British motor car industry, a major competitor during the 60s came in the shape of Fry from Wolverhampton, who I think andk as it is 60 years ago, took Ford away from them on both price and quality (Please correct me if I am wrong). W.Canning had a massive investment in plating eqpt etc in both.
Bob

Back