• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Justice Inn - Great Russell Street corner of Frankfort Street

Do you have a date for the photo Kieron ? Her clothes look about late 1950s/early 1960s to me. If 1960s, it could make the little girl (who looks around 3) about aged early to mid sixties today.

I wondered if it’s perhaps the landlords daughter.

Lots of speculation, ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ there! Viv.

Do you have a date for the photo Kieron ? Her clothes look about late 1950s/early 1960s to me. If 1960s, it could make the little girl (who looks around 3) about aged early to mid sixties today.

I wondered if it’s perhaps the landlords daughter.

Lots of speculation, ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ there! Viv.

Pic is 1961 Viv so the girl would just have received a Covid jab!

I think Lyn lived a bit too far away for it to be her !
ha ha mike actually until i was 5 i was living in paddington st so not far from frankfort st ..doubt very much if mom and dad would have let me out then to take the empties back :D

kieron it maybe a good idea for you to post this one on the frankfort st thread (or i will if you prefer) as quite a few of our members lived there during the 50s and 60s

lyn (

ha ha mike actually until i was 5 i was living in paddington st so not far from frankfort st ..doubt very much if mom and dad would have let me out then to take the empties back :D

kieron it maybe a good idea for you to post this one on the frankfort st thread (or i will if you prefer) as quite a few of our members lived there during the 50s and 60s

lyn (
I'll do another post as I have another pic to add to this thread - if that's OK.

Do we know who the landlord was in 1961 ? It may not be his/her daughter, but maybe worth a look. Viv.

In the 196-0 electoral rolls it was john & Harold Lacy. In the 1962 rolls it was John & Brenda Murray

Just exploring possibilities Kieron. It’s what we naturally do on here ! To me she doesn’t looked dressed for playing in the street: crisp clean dress, very white socks and clean sandals and combed hair all in place. I think she’s likely to be very close to home. Viv.

yes i would agree viv she is very close to home...here is a long shot of the same photo dated 24.7.61..what is interesting is there are no other children around so begs the question was she put on the step for the photo shoot Newtown_1_100_The_Justice_Inn_Great_Russell_Street_M&B_24-7-1961_.jpg24.7.61

lyn

Last edited:
yes i would agree viv she is very close to home...here is a long shot of the same photo dated 24.7.61..what is interesting is there are no other children around so begs the question was she put on the step for the photo shoot View attachment 15414324.7.61

lyn
What date was 901 AOP registered, perhaps that could date the picture better, I do not know when Birmingham turned to reverse numbers and letters.

Bob

Back