• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Elizabeth Gazey 1878-1935 Birmingham

Stargazey

knowlegable brummie
Hi ... l am looking for a photograph of Elizabeth Gazey 1878-1935. If anyone has her as their mother, grandmother, or a great aunt etc. I would be delighted to see it. During her married life to Alfred Wheeler 1878 she lived in Heneage Street, Duddeston/Aston. Cheers Stargazey

good luck with your search for a photo..have you tried ancestry to see if anyone else has elizabeth in their tree that may have posted a photo..i have found a few photos of ancestors this way..i also had rellies in heneage st in 1841/51

lyn

good luck with your search for a photo..have you tried ancestry to see if anyone else has elizabeth in their tree that may have posted a photo..i have found a few photos of ancestors this way..i also had rellies in heneage st in 1841/51

lyn
Hi ... unfortunately I don’t have ancestry. But thinking of signing up for these extra facilities. Interesting that your people where in Heneage St. I remember there was a little path off the street to the front door. A front and back room with a tiny scullery, dropping down into a yard with a wash house. This was prob in the 1950s and not long before Grandad Wheeler was rehoused. Stargazey

Stargazey,

For your information there are 11 family trees on the there featuring this lady, two more featuring WHEELER relations of this lady. I had a very quick scan through them and couldn't see a photograph, but some of them are not public and you would need to send a message to the owner of the tree. But that number of people with an interest may make it worth joining to see what additional material they might have. That said, not all people reply if, like me, you don't personally keep your tree on Ancestry, and not all people log on daily or even weekly. I recently had a reply from a lady whose partner was connected to my late wife's FARMER ancestors, and that helped me fill in some gaps. In return I managed to get her tree back another generation. Horses for courses. :)

Maurice :cool:

Stargazey,

For your information there are 11 family trees on the there featuring this lady, two more featuring WHEELER relations of this lady. I had a very quick scan through them and couldn't see a photograph, but some of them are not public and you would need to send a message to the owner of the tree. But that number of people with an interest may make it worth joining to see what additional material they might have. That said, not all people reply if, like me, you don't personally keep your tree on Ancestry, and not all people log on daily or even weekly. I recently had a reply from a lady whose partner was connected to my late wife's FARMER ancestors, and that helped me fill in some gaps. In return I managed to get her tree back another generation. Horses for courses. :)

Maurice :cool:
Hi there, and thank you for your info and search. My Grandmother- who I never met - Elizabeth Gazey 1878 - 1835 was married to Alfred (Fred) Wheeler 1878 - 1970, my Mom Sarah Agnes Wheeler 1911 being one of their children. But as is the way, my Mom dying when I was 9 , and my Dad remarrying, meant the ‘old’ family was lost to the new. Hence I have no photos of her, or of that time in my life. I have managed tho’ to trace her Gazey line back to
1599. They were in Gloucestershire, in Weston Sub-Edge and Chipping Campden, Great Witcombe, and then further back Hartpury. Places I have now visited. A lovely part of the country. Anyway, thank you again for looking for me. Stargazey.

Back