• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Grave Location key Hill Cemetery

Third dimension

Hello all, hoping there is a Key Hill cemetery expert out there that can help. I am unable to find the block of graves numbered between N621 and N646.
N600 to N620 run along the path adjacent to the catacombs then N647 to N651 are on the end of the block below the lower path, It appears they should be between N600/N646 and the path but there is not the space, maybe the path has been widened and the graves have been lost underneath it ? or maybe they are in a different area ? can anyone point me in the direction of the block that contains N621 to N646. I thank you in anticipation.

Quote Reply
Report Edit

hi third dimension if you scroll down the main page we have do sections for most topics so i am moving your post from forum rules to our cemeteries section of the forum where you may get more of a response

I think this has been asked before, wasn't sure then either but the burial maps aren't always accurate. Maybe you could send a message to Key Hill Brian. I think some of the paths were not as shown. The maps on the Jewellery Quarter website seem to have been removed last time I looked.
rosie.

I think this has been asked before, wasn't sure then either but the burial maps aren't always accurate. Maybe you could send a message to Key Hill Brian. I think some of the paths were not as shown. The maps on the Jewellery Quarter website seem to have been removed last time I looked.
rosie.
I found the maps on the Jewellery Quarter website which is where I got some of my info from also visited the cemetery on a couple of occasions, I will do as you suggest and try sending a message to Key Hill Brian. Thanks

Some general information please, if anyone knows. I traced a relative to a public grave in Key Hill. The grave number lists no less than 59 people in that grave plot. Were that many bodies really interred in one plot? if so how?

we have an extensive thread for key hill cemetery which may help with your question...i do know that 59 is quite a low number for public graves...one of my ancestors is buried with at least another 120 people..click on link below and it is always best to start reading from post 1 so that you do not miss anything

lyn

Back