• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where did you live

The two recent posts deleted by a Moderator are disgraceful and should not be taken by any new member - whom we warmly welcome - as typical of the attitudes and spirit prevalent within the Forum. They make accusations of bias on the part of individual members of the Moderating Team which I know for a fact, having been a Moderator for over a decade, are entirely unfounded. And take absolutely no account of the way that the present Team do their best to keep this show on the road and make the Forum an informative, orderly and COURTEOUS place to be. Members who feel this way may well find it useful to refresh their memory of the Forum rules, to which we all are subject. And to look out for a further statement on this matter.

Chris
Chris...……...Thank you and extremely well said! The Forum is a great place re living many old and new memories and without doubt the Moderators help keep it that way.
Thank you ALL for providing a place of much pleasure and enjoyment particularly in this time of divide!

Yes , well said Chris.
I have been a Moderator on here for over 16 years and we have the most wonderful members and an Admin team that work very hard to make this forum one that people enjoy using.
No racist ,sexism,politics etc and any offensive posts are removed immediately.
The majority of our members get very great pleasure from browsing and posting on the various threads and it has always been a sorrow to me that just once in a while someone is so very sad that they have to make such nasty remarks to gain a bit of attention.

Last edited:
I used to live at 126 green lane castle bromwich next to the shops. And the farm was just down the road. I went to bentley rd junior school the parkhall secondary modern. The time frame was around 1958 till 1963.
Hi I also went to Bentley road and park hall about the same time lived at 31 green lane by the pub

i was born in cattles grove nechells moved to
Phillips st Aston
Castle Bromwich
Oswestry.
now wales

Born in Kelvin Grove, Toxteth
Moved to Cambridge Rd, Moseley [not Kings Heath!] in 1968
Now in Oxford Rd, Moseley for 40 yrs. Love the area.

When we moved house, it took removals about 2 minutes from one to the other

I Was born in a nursing home in Harborne Rd. facing Warley Woods in 1943.
I lived in Wood Green Croft, Quinton until 1967 when I got married and moved to Kidderminster and the to Templcombe, Somerset in 1977.
After retirement in 2002 we moved to Redruth Cornwall.

I was born in Lordswood Maternity Home, Harborne, and lived in Anderton Street, Ladywood, whilst my Dad was serving in the Fleet Air Arm in Korea. We moved to Elgin in Scotland when the war ended and then briefly lived in Cotteridge when Dad finished his service. Then back to Ladywood at the Sandpits and the Family business and finally ended up, and grew up in Grosvenor Road, Handsworth.

I was born in Blandford Road which is now Quinton B32 but the houses were built in 1936 which at that time was in the Harborne parish until the boundaries were changed years later. I was Baptised and married in St Peter's Church, Harborne.
I attended Woodhouse Road Junior and Infant School and Station Road Secondary Modern School. After marrying, moved to Cole Valley Road, Hall Green and upon retiring moved to Paignton, Devon.

Hi we lived in upperwebsta street in the sixties number 13 by the woodyard my father's name was Ron hurst my mother's name margret hurst I'm the eldist son my name is Ron hurst after my dad my brother fred hurst and sister Janet hurst. Dose anybody have photos of upperwebster street or the bomepeck we used to play on bomepeck sliding down the hill on old car bonets I remember June write lived on opposite side of the road and so did the packems and Susan howels miss morley lived next door she told the police we shot her window out with a pellet gun so a police man came and he said where's the pellet gun my mother showed him the gun he said have you got an axe mom gave him the axe and he choped it up in front of us it didn't even work the good old days.

Hi we lived in upperwebsta street in the sixties number 13 by the woodyard my father's name was Ron hurst my mother's name margret hurst I'm the eldist son my name is Ron hurst after my dad my brother fred hurst and sister Janet hurst. Dose anybody have photos of upperwebster street or the bomepeck we used to play on bomepeck sliding down the hill on old car bonets I remember June write lived on opposite side of the road and so did the packems and Susan howels miss morley lived next door she told the police we shot her window out with a pellet gun so a police man came and he said where's the pellet gun my mother showed him the gun he said have you got an axe mom gave him the axe and he choped it up in front of us it didn't even work the good old days.
Welcome Ron, enjoy the Forum!

Hi Colin I was born in1955 at my nanes house number 12 pagnall road weoley castle birmingham.we lived there for about 6 years then moved to a halfway house in hoklley was there 12 months then moved to 13 upper webster street aston moved out 1966 to litchfield I now live in rugeley staffordshire .

Hi Colin I was born in1955 at my nanes house number 12 pagnall road weoley castle birmingham.we lived there for about 6 years then moved to a halfway house in hoklley was there 12 months then moved to 13 upper webster street aston moved out 1966 to litchfield I now live in rugeley staffordshire .

hi donky do you mean you lived in hockley....if so where abouts as we may have some photos before demo

lyn

hi donky do you mean you lived in hockley....if so where abouts as we may have some photos before demo

lyn
Hi Lyn all I can remember is if you came out of halfway house turn to the left walk to the end of the road turn left as you look down the road there was a bridge that went from one building to a building on the opposite side I don't know the name of the road I think it was hockey Brook I think the bus garage was just around the corner that's all l remember.

Last edited:
Hi Lyn all I can remember is if you came out of halfway house turn to the left walk to the end of the road turn left as you look down the road there was a bridge that went from one building to a building on the opposite side I don't know the name of the road I think it was hockey Brook I think the bus garage was just around the corner that's all l remember.
Sounds like you lived in Nursery Rd. The left turn would have been into Hunters Road. There was a bridge there;with a clock if I remember correctly. I believe the bus depot was in Heaton Street.

NoddKD

Back