• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Blackwell family

Anne FB

My grandmother was Rose Maud Blackwell and her family owned a furniture shop in Stirchley. Has anyone any information about the shop or her sister Flos (Florence)?

Florence seems to have married a Herbert Morris in 1911, possibly dying in 1962.

Their other sister Alice appears to have married a Sidney Iliffe in 1915, dying in 1957.

Their father was listed as a chair maker in 1871 and his father a chair turner, so a long history in furniture.

1980 phone book lists them at 1434a Pershore Road and by 1983 they were no longer listed. (Not every year is online).

My Dad, Victor Thomas Morris owned and ran Blackwells until about 1980/1. I was born in 1966 and so never knew my Grandmother your Grandmothers sister? I can remember meeting Aunt Rose?

Florence seems to have married a Herbert Morris in 1911, possibly dying in 1962.

Their other sister Alice appears to have married a Sidney Iliffe in 1915, dying in 1957.

Their father was listed as a chair maker in 1871 and his father a chair turner, so a long history in furniture.
Florence & Herbert my Grandparents on my Dads side

Back