• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Market Hall 1835 - 1963

i used to eat loads of shrimps.but i dont think they worked.:(
Shrimp are free of carbohydrates, and the Iodine in shrimp helps with proper thyroid gland function, which prevents sluggishness and moderates weight gain and loss. The shrimp's pink coloring comes from astaxanthin, an antioxidant that helps prevent premature aging, and shrimp are rich in selenium, which may reduce the risk of cancer.

i used to eat loads of shrimps.but i dont think they worked.:(
Shrimp are free of carbohydrates, and the Iodine in shrimp helps with proper thyroid gland function, which prevents sluggishness and moderates weight gain and loss. The shrimp's pink coloring comes from astaxanthin, an antioxidant that helps prevent premature aging, and shrimp are rich in selenium, which may reduce the risk of cancer.
Pete, I thought the same with oysters :cool:

Surprised nobody mentioned the Escapologist but the carrier lady, he was filthy chained himself up somebody would put a dirty sack over him And wella he got out.

Afraid I can’t remember where these images came from so I’m unable to give credit for them. Think it was a booklet about the Hall. Not sure ofthe date either but probably late1920s/early 30s (?). Viv.

A5E4A5CC-9F48-477F-BA75-613DBB7D9ACE.jpeg8A561A70-8DC0-4861-AA30-6A96A127C590.jpeg

Suckling’s Flowers
EB1181DC-F06E-42FE-B509-1403B67476F7.jpeg

Central Avenue
CA77D52C-6C59-4ABB-9CE7-96073A329766.jpeg

The Fish Avenue
CFDCB686-332E-4F9B-A9B6-DE1C2117C2B5.jpeg

Wonderful photos, our history at our fingertips, Thankyou for posting.
My memory is from the fifties when Ruth had left home but a wonderful place to go on a Saturday morning.
Across the road there used to be a shop and in the window were made up Meccano models my favourite was a big crane which I used to call it a crayon and big trucks were lollies, those were magical days growing up during the fifties.

Wonderful photos, our history at our fingertips, Thankyou for posting.
My memory is from the fifties when Ruth had left home but a wonderful place to go on a Saturday morning.
Across the road there used to be a shop and in the window were made up Meccano models my favourite was a big crane which I used to call it a crayon and big trucks were lollies, those were magical days growing up during the fifties.
I used to go on Saturday afternoon and have mussels & welks then go across to Oswald Baily and dream! I did finally buy a tent from there.

Back