• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pubs Of The Past

ive seen this listed as the dolphin..grandad drank here being a pool farm road resident..warwick road wasnt the width we think back 1900..the right turn after is not there yet
Hi Villain all my family are from there, i am looking for help of someone who lived there i don't suppose you could help me?

I see where Dale End was once in an older map.
Anybody any idea about "Dale End Old Engine, 1865, published by Thomas Underwood."
Which old engine is that and why is it there?
CheersDale End Old Engine 1865 Publisher Thomas Underwood Castle St High St Birmingham.jpg

hhh.jpeg

Again I have no information with this but I have been told it could have been near to Hill Street, perhaps mikejee can be a bit more precise.
i went in to this place in about 1968... the served plonk..... very cheap cider...poison....lol

In the past two days I have discovered my great grandfather was landlord of the Old Sun Inn, Coleshill Street, Sutton Coldfield, before moving the The British Oak pub in Highgate. His father, my great great grandfather was landlord of the Duke Inn, Duke Street, Sutton Coldfield, which has remained much as it was in his time.
I did a history of all the people who lived at the Duke Inn, Duke Street Sutton Coldfield if you are interested

I did a history of all the people who lived at the Duke Inn, Duke Street Sutton Coldfield if you are interested

What was his name? I have a history of the Duke Inn on my site at :
Unlike the rest of my site, this was the work of somebody else - Yvonne Moore.
I did a lot of the British Oak but, again, you have not furnished us with a name.

What was his name? I have a history of the Duke Inn on my site at :
Unlike the rest of my site, this was the work of somebody else - Yvonne Moore.
I did a lot of the British Oak but, again, you have not furnished us with a name.
Brumbirder is me Yvonne Moore!

Raz after living in Gt Barr for twenty one years , The Boars Head was a pub I never went into at all . I've been past it umpteen times to collect my daughter from a dance school nearby When she was younger .

Hi all we had our wedding reception there in 1974, £1.50 a head it was good , no honeymoon couldn't afford it afterwards back to our flat to start our married life together X
FAZ I remember riding by the pub and looking at the pole with the Boars head on it. Then finally was old enough to go inside for a pint! Only went a few times times but loved that poke!

Back