• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

THE MISSING POSTMAN

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
maybe some of you may have seen this comedy/drama but ive just watched it for the 5th time on youtube and its in two parts...so laid back and easy to watch if you like this sort of thing...great acting from james bolam as the missing postman

link to part 1 should automatically go onto part 2

maybe some of you may have seen this comedy/drama but ive just watched it for the 5th time on youtube and its in two parts...so laid back and easy to watch if you like this sort of thing...great acting from james bolam as the missing postman

:grinning:its good lyn. I never get the postmen mixed up with a poachers

Thanks! I've not seen it and I love James Bolam - I'll watch it one evening :)

Not heard of that one before Lyn, I'll take a look at it :)

lynn i think it really is very good.... the missing postman was ordered to take early retirement from the job he loved so decided to grab a load of letters for over the country..jump on his bike and deliver them himself..great acting all the way through

lyn

Lyn,

I watched this on YouTube about 18 months ago and was very impressed. It's not Shakespeare, but I could never understand Bill's convoluted English anyway! This is a little bit of escapism and at this stage in life and in the present climate, we could all do with some of that. A nice change from the depressing news delivered by the media daily.

Maurice :cool:

lynn i think it really is very good.... the missing postman was ordered to take early retirement from the job he loved so decided to grab a load of letters for over the country..jump on his bike and deliver them himself..great acting all the way through

lyn
brill after JB left the likely lads. i was not keen on him. but i did enjoy that film.

i agree maurice i have likened this to another of my favourites the film shirley valentine about a bored housewife who just goes off for a couple of weeks and does her own thing...

lyn

Lyn,

I watched this on YouTube about 18 months ago and was very impressed. It's not Shakespeare, but I could never understand Bill's convoluted English anyway! This is a little bit of escapism and at this stage in life and in the present climate, we could all do with some of that. A nice change from the depressing news delivered by the media daily.

Maurice :cool:
1596962924075.png

i agree maurice i have likened this to another of my favourites the film shirley valentine about a bored housewife who just goes off for a couple of weeks and does her own thing...

lyn
One of my favourites too Lyn. We certainly need this feel good escapism atm. I’m usually quite a cheerful soul but just lately... must count our blessings though x

One of my favourites too Lyn. We certainly need this feel good escapism atm. I’m usually quite a cheerful soul but just lately... must count our blessings though x

same here lynn in reality we have all had a pretty tough time this past few months and even the most up beat of us has struggled..i know i have and dont mind admitting it so these feel good programmes have helped me a lot and of course being a member of this forum :) ..i watch very little news only to keep up with any new lockdown rules and never read the newspapers..my aim has been to try as far as i can to keep some semblance of normality in my life..so as i always say ONWARDS AND UPWARDS:)

lyn

glad you and cath enjoyed it froth...here is another of my favourites that ive watched many times.....great acting by john thaw who is not too keen on taking on a young evacuee lad from london but it has just an amazing end to the story..

GOODNIGHT MISTER TOM

Last edited:
glad you and cath enjoyed it froth...here is another of my favourites that ive watched many times.....great acting by john thaw who is not too keen on taking on a young evacuee lad from london but it has just an amazing end to the story..

GOODNIGHT MISTER TOM

I enjoyed the film. what a brill actor he wasi loved him in -- --- .-. ... . :grinning:morse

Back