• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cafe/Kiosk Bears wood Park

NellieB

Brummie babby
Hi All,
Does anyone remember a cafe/ Kiosk from Bears wood Park opposite the bus station from 1956 to 1959?
Would love to know what is was called and who ran it. My friends mum worked there sadly shes passed and her daughter would like to know. Many thanks Nellie B

Hi Nellie,
Do you mean Lightwoods Park Bearwood? I think it was run by Mr. Cross in later years, who also had a stall in Smethwick Market, not sure about before that. It was rebuilt recently, before that it was a sort of shed! It was popular with the bus drivers.
rosie.

Hi Nellie,
Do you mean Lightwoods Park Bearwood? I think it was run by Mr. Cross in later years, who also had a stall in Smethwick Market, not sure about before that. It was rebuilt recently, before that it was a sort of shed! It was popular with the bus drivers.
rosie.
Hi Rosie,
Thanks so much for reply. Yes i meant lightwoods park Bearwood. Thats Brilliant did you know Mr Cross first name? Many thanks Nellie B

Hi Nellie,
I think he has probably passed away by now so it's OK to say his name was Russell.
rosie.

Hi Nellie,
I think he has probably passed away by now so it's OK to say his name was Russell.
rosie.
Hi Rosie,
Aww thats sad, Thank you so much for this it will mean a lot to my friend as her mother worked there for a number of years. My friend was young and she couldnt remember her mums bosses name. She had been tacking her brains.
Very kind of you. You will make her day
Many thanks
Nelli B x

Back