• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kings Heath

Yes, Viv, but not early 60s. I remember Sydney Brown & Wimbushes, but not the new shops on the right, and I left in January 1961.

Maurice :cool:

Certain MidlandRed didn't pick up passengers within the boundary so no-one to shelter?
Well, there is a Midland Red bus stop just before the BCT shelter. Passengers for Wythall and beyond to Alcester and Evesham needed to board their buses.
I could catch an Inner Circle 8 from Ladywood, to Stratford Road, Sparkbrook and then catch any Stratford Road Midland Red service that went through Shirley to my home area.
The Midland Red bus stop is to the right of bus JOJ 203.
1595768412704.png

Well, there is a Midland Red bus stop just before the BCT shelter. Passengers for Wythall and beyond to Alcester and Evesham needed to board their buses.
I could catch an Inner Circle 8 from Ladywood, to Stratford Road, Sparkbrook and then catch any Stratford Road Midland Red service that went through Shirley to my home area.
The Midland Red bus stop is to the right of bus JOJ 203.
View attachment 147012

Don'tknow about Birmingham but in similar situation in Liverpool, you could use the Ribble buses but a minimum fare - enough to put any scousers off! Was it the same on Midland Red? Before my time in Brum.

Back