• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mount Pleasant, Balsall Heath Road

That's some large school. If the name was not on the lintel I would have thought it was Joe Lucas's place.

Last edited:
Phil thx for share the pictures, brings back good memories.
[/QUOTE
Hi
Found this forum whilst browsing and feeling nostalgic
I was at Mount Pleasant from day one until July 1970. Before that Moseley girls
I remember Jimmy Dowling and Tony ? Phil there were a couple of them and Paul smith..
My circle was Jenab, Susan, Janet, Ninda, Anne! Loads really I loved that school. It was lovely hearing those name. Mr Eddins Maths teacher form 42. He was a lovely man, a good teacher and I thought him a good father figure.
Mrs Hanks was nice and encouraging. I often think of her and she had great hope for me during that time she went to visit my mom.
Thanks Guys

did anyone go to mount pleasant between 1967 - 1974 ?
i there i went to ask u if you even new a trecher call miss rice or price was a lady and i went to that school i belive between 1967 to1974 i my have gone mr wells class if i am rigth i had differ teachers as one or to had lefted i only remember a few names in my class room mates jake /dainai/and tony i live in balsall heath by the park

Wow, Wow and Wow! Like you I just stumbled on this site by accident and this post on it. I think you must have been in my class because all the people in your circle were in mine. Not sure about the spellings but her is the list. Hope I am not breaking any rules!
Anne Wilks, Anne Peckham, Ninder Kaur, Janet Osborn, Jenam Mohamed, Russell Mohamed, Colin Rose, Antonio (Tony) Ambrosio etc. Mr Eddins was my teacher for many years. I studied there until 6th form and then went to University.

Would love to hear from anybody who was there. I am sure if you had these people as friends then you are bound to know me. Can expand if somebody would like to reminisce about school day. Please contact as I world dearly love to have a conversation with somebody about those days.

Great to see a picture of Miss Fursier, I went on the German trip with her and Mr. Lancaster.
Hi Shelia - i think you were in my class during the same time period, with Sue Fursier being our class tutor for the during. I also went on one of the German trips. Regards, Chan Chitroda

i there i went to ask u if you even new a trecher call miss rice or price was a lady and i went to that school i belive between 1967 to1974 i my have gone mr wells class if i am rigth i had differ teachers as one or to had lefted i only remember a few names in my class room mates jake /dainai/and tony i live in balsall heath by the park
Wow, Wow and Wow! Like you I just stumbled on this site by accident and this post on it. I think you must have been in my class because all the people in your circle were in mine. Not sure about the spellings but her is the list. Hope I am not breaking any rules!
Anne Wilks, Anne Peckham, Ninder Kaur, Janet Osborn, Jenam Mohamed, Russell Mohamed, Colin Rose, Antonio (Tony) Ambrosio etc. Mr Eddins was my teacher for many years. I studied there until 6th form and then went to University.

Would love to hear from anybody who was there. I am sure if you had these people as friends then you are bound to know me. Can expand if somebody would like to reminisce about school day. Please contact as I world dearly love to have a conversation with somebody about those days.
Hi there Ram boy

yes it would be nice to catch up. I’m racking my brain to try and remember who was there and who you may be.
I had given up on a response.
I still see Jenab but she is now known as Jenny.
I hope your keeping safe

My husband went to Mount pleasant his name is Philip Bradley

not sure none off them names ring a bell but maybe i may know u but not sure one name come to mind saleem lived on ladypool ave off ladypool rd in balsall heath and a other name was charles helive on ombersley rd off ladypool rd too

Hi Shelia - i think you were in my class during the same time period, with Sue Fursier being our class tutor for the during. I also went on one of the German trips. Regards, Chan Chitroda
it was a great trip, are you in touch with anyone else from our class

Hi there Ram boy

yes it would be nice to catch up. I’m racking my brain to try and remember who was there and who you may be.
I hope your keeping safe

Seeker, that is very interesting; Jenab was in my class (Mr Eddin's class) for several years so she and I know each other very well. If you see her again and mention my name - Ram - and she may recall who I am. Seeker, we should get together; I don't know how that is possible from this forum, as we can't put e-mails or numbers here. Any ideas? One possible way would be to meet in public to start with and see how that goes. Let me know please. U am so eager to make a connection with my past.

Hi there Ram boy

I hope your keeping safe
Hello Seeker,
Write back please. It would be nice to catch up. Say hello to Jenny (Jenab) and others from that class. I am sure Jenny will remember other classmates. The was Ninder Kaur who was very clever in English. Wonder where she is. Would like to hear from others - just to reminisce. Thanks

Seeker, that is very interesting; Jenab was in my class (Mr Eddin's class) for several years so she and I know each other very well. If you see her again and mention my name - Ram - and she may recall who I am. Seeker, we should get together; I don't know how that is possible from this forum, as we can't put e-mails or numbers here. Any ideas? One possible way would be to meet in public to start with and see how that goes. Let me know please. U am so eager to make a connection with my past.
Hi
You can get in touch with people on here through Private Message. If you click on their name and then click on 'start conversation' that will do it. Hope this helps.
Lynn.

I went to M P sept 1967 to apr 1968 one of the first in and one of the first out when we left school at easter time.only teacher I remember was Mr Machin P E and Miss Hanks she came from London.

does anyone remmber miss/mrs rice or price trecher i was in my fristh year there and she lelfed the school and we got a new trecher i remmber some names off my class mate does anyone know them daina ,kate , tony, charles ,sliam, i may have the names smelling wrong we all were in the house called hillley house the house colour was green

Back