• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mucklows at arthur street small heath

Missy74

knowlegable brummie
long shot but im helping my dad trace his childhood friends.
dad lived at arthur street in smallheath from around 1955.
im looking for a john mucklow in particular..he was a good friend of dads.
i have very little info to start with.
john mucklow abt 1951
father name: jack mucklow
brother: david mucklow
sister: kathleen mucklow (both are younger than john)
dad said john lived on arthur street the same time as him.
after that he moved because of the war im not sure if he was evacuated.

The Mucklow parents were in Arthur Street in 1955 John W Mucklow and Freda nee Slater
John C Mucklow was born London in 1949, David was born in Birmingham 1950 and Kathleen in Birmingham 1952,
As these people are probably still living any info about their whereabouts must be by Private message, although I think I can add that I believe from records that John c Mucklow went to Australia in the 70s

The Mucklow parents were in Arthur Street in 1955 John W Mucklow and Freda nee Slater
John C Mucklow was born London in 1949, David was born in Birmingham 1950 and Kathleen in Birmingham 1952,
As these people are probably still living any info about their whereabouts must be by Private message, although I think I can add that I believe from records that John c Mucklow went to Australia in the 70s
that is awesome thank you very much

ive spoken to my dad he seems to think that john left for australia a lot earlier than the 70's...dad seems to think it was more around the 1950/60's mark just after his mother died.

Missy74,

He's not shown on the Passenger Lists, which go up to 1960. He also fails to show up on the Passenger Arrival records at the National Australian Archives, but these are by air only between 1960 and 1965, and then by air & sea until 1972. He might appear in newspapers, but I haven't got time to check right now.

Maurice :)

Hi missy74. I lived at 8 back of 94 Arthur street from 1939 to 1956 and the name rings a bell I wonder if you might know the house number to give me a clue to where he lived. Acklam19.

Hi missy74. I lived at 8 back of 94 Arthur street from 1939 to 1956 and the name rings a bell I wonder if you might know the house number to give me a clue to where he lived. Acklam19.
hi
i will definatley ask my dad when i go to see him.
mayb you remember my dad from that time christopher little
im pretty sure he said he lived down the street from john,

Back