• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thermogene

Edifi

master brummie
Does anyone remember Thermogene cotton pads we used to put on your chest & back and on your face if you had Nueralgia ( Toothache).This morning my arthritic knee hurt so put a hot water bottle on it.This somehow bought back memories how if you had backache you applied it to the area for relief

Editi,

I suffer from the same problem with both knees, rarely both at the same time. Sometimes in bed lying down, it doesn't appear to be connected to the weather,and I find it better to get up and walk about for a few minutes. I try and avoid painkillers at all costs, they upset my stomach (even ibuprofen gels applied to my knee), and only mask the symptoms after all.

Maurice :cool:

Editi,

I suffer from the same problem with both knees, rarely both at the same time. Sometimes in bed lying down, it doesn't appear to be connected to the weather,and I find it better to get up and walk about for a few minutes. I try and avoid painkillers at all costs, they upset my stomach (even ibuprofen gels applied to my knee), and only mask the symptoms after all.

Maurice :cool:
Many years ago i used a product call "Fiery Jack" for aches & pains. It should have come with a warning " Wash hands after use before using the toilet" (For men ) It still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Does anyone remember Thermogene cotton pads we used to put on your chest & back and on your face if you had Nueralgia ( Toothache).This morning my arthritic knee hurt so put a hot water bottle on it.This somehow bought back memories how if you had backache you applied it to the area for relief
Like this, J.thermogene wadding.jpg

Another name from the past, ah memories, As a youngster I had a suspect chest and at the slightest hint of a cough or snuffle yes you have guessed, out came the thermogene and almost burnt you to death. The nearest thing to it now is loft lagging. but if you watch commercial tv you will see an ad for Deep Relief, that is good and effective, again men must heed Smudgers warning on hand washing. However whatever happened to Wintergreen/liniment? that always seemed to cure any ache, strain, pull or twist.

Bob

Baz,it was a religion in our house in the Winter.My mother always put some under my brother a I s vests when we went to bed in the Attic

In the ATTIC ? Blimey, no wonder you needed Thermogene up your vest ! My Dad's old Home Guard greatcoat was enough for us.

Back