• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
having a love affair feel good moment at the min:rolleyes:....timeless music and steve ellis is still going strong...2 of my favourites here...what voice...happy carefree days when all we wanted to do was dance and have fun...great memories

Happily agree with you Lyn. Steve Ellis has a great voice. Saw him a couple of times in the last few years. Great tunes.

in 1997 i went to Brecon jass festival. on the night we went for some nose bag and a drink.later in the evening some right old *arts come in with some music instruments. and set them up on the stage. they were called the bonzo do da band:)

Last edited:
Okay good folk of BHF, without Googling can anyone guess the country of origin for this beautiful song, "I`ll take you home again Kathleen "

Okay good folk of BHF, without Googling can anyone guess the country of origin for this beautiful song, "I`ll take you home again Kathleen "
No idea but my Dad loved the version by Joseph Locke and his party piece (which he sung at my wedding after a few pints) was Joe's classic Goodbye.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjzLxJLC5DM

Last edited:
How strange, it was the same with my old man when he was well oiled. We used to cover our ears and shout for him to shut up as he had an awful singing voice.

the song has got to be Irish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back