• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Villa history

Anyone going to Villa Park on Sat,Will see my G/son on the pitch in his Brand New Electric Wheelchair which was bought from my daughters charity.Many thanks to Jack Grealish for his sizeable contribution.They are traveling up from Broadstairs in Kent Today.Many thanks to The Villa Park for allowing this to happen.

What a brilliant day for my G/Son at Villa Park.He met Jack Grealish,had photos taken with him and lots of Villa old players.One Ian Taylor wouldn't leave him alone.Shame they lost.Today it was of to Twycross Zoo ,were we used to take his Mother when she was young,and tomorrow it's Cadbury World.Hope he likes chocolate:laughing::laughing:

I have an old piece of card, which has the autographs of Villa’s players in their March 1934 game against Arsenal at Highbury. I doubt if it has any value, since the signatures are in pencil and rather faded, but I‘m sure that Villa fans would be interested to see it. They were collected by my grandfather, and it looks like he used the only materials to hand - what appears to be the back of his union handbook and a pencil stub.
796549E4-0CE8-4BDC-AC7A-5693DC0FBDB7.jpeg23B5DD46-A123-4C11-83DF-E38E7BBA492D.jpeg
Hmmm, resolution could have been better.
Enel

Last edited:
Lovely piece of Villa history, including Joe Berresford, Eric Houghton and the great Pongo Waring. Holte Enders in the sky.

I have an old piece of card, which has the autographs of Villa’s players in their March 1934 game against Arsenal at Highbury. I doubt if it has any value, since the signatures are in pencil and rather faded, but I‘m sure that Villa fans would be interested to see it. They were collected by my grandfather, and it looks like he used the only materials to hand - what appears to be the back of his union handbook and a pencil stub.
View attachment 150130View attachment 150131
Hmmm, resolution could have been better.
Enel

very nice...i stand to be corrected but i am sure that signatures written in pencil are more valuable than written in ink or biro etc...those are very clear to me and maybe worth a bob or two

lyn

very nice...i stand to be corrected but i am sure that signatures written in pencil are more valuable than written in ink or biro etc...those are very clear to me and maybe worth a bob or two

lyn
Lyn, I would agree with you, I sold some Aston Villa autographs for a late aunt, and those in pencil were appreciated more than those in pen. RobT

At my parents I came across a variety of football cuttings autographs etc and a few copies of Villa Times - this was a newspaper specifically for the Villa - I have scanned a few items and adverts which may be of interest.
First the Title of the newspaper notice the price and also the year almost 45 years ago seems like yesterday.

img529 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back