• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Army national service. 1950s /1960s

Em95

Brummie babby
My grandad. Frank E Cockrill
Served in Malaya as a national serviceman post ww2. 1950s? 1960s? In the tank regiment. He is from Erdington /kingstanding
He did boxing when he was in the army and there's a picture of him in the army with a trophy for boxing. Looking for anyone who may have served with him

Have a look through the thread below, lots of National Service stories in it and several references to Malaya. You might not find exactly what you are looking for but if you post in that thread it shows an alert for anyone who has posted in it. :)

Back