• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Then & Now

I was a steward at Villa Park 1980-84 (free pie & cuppa) and remember when became European Champions. Not been around that area for years but, I went past there last year along Trinity Rd and was really surprised to see the stand extended across the road.
Across Trinity Road?
Bob

The
The first photo looks like The Hole End.

That is still there. As it was 10 years ago.

Google view is of the Trinity Road Stand.

As it was 10 years ago.

The first picture is taken from Trinity Road somewhere near the Holte Pub. The old picture is taken from Aston Park with Nelson Road to the left. It seems that on the rebuilding of the the Holte End they have made a poor replica.

Last edited:
My brother had the original Architects drawings of the Holte end and about 50 photographs of it being built.My daughter has them now as well as about 100 first day covers of the Villa some signed by old players +the England Manager.She is Chair person of the Villa supporters (here in Kent)and never misses a game home or away.Had some good times at the old supporters club in the Holte from 57 onwards.

Still in 1980s Handsworth, Keith Berry looked along a somewhat untidy Terrace Road. Notice the telegraph pole on the immediate right and another in the distance.
TerraceRd1980s.jpg

Google driving the same road photographs the scene now. The untidy area opposite the houses now looks tidy and there are telegraph poles still in the same positions.
TerraceRoadNow.jpg

Back