• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sherlock Street

Hello Debbie. That's interesting. When was that please? That's coming nearer to 'my' number 57. Which was a confectioners in 1914.

Im have been asked to provide a map showing 57 Sherlock St. Below are two maps, one detailed one from the 1880s showing the position post 1882, and a smaller scale one showing positions before and after renumbering around 1880

map c 1889 sherlock st. no 57.jpgmap c 1890 showing no 57 sherlock st pre 1880 and post 1882.jpg

I can't find a thread specifically devoted to Sherlock Street, perhaps this thread title could be changed.

Attachments

• sherlock-st.jpg
    sherlock-st.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
An aerial view from 1935 showing the properties in the previous post and approximate position of #144

Attachments

• sherlock-st-#144.jpg
    sherlock-st-#144.jpg
    827.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Back