• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham 2019 Christmas Quiz

Phil,

No. 10 - I'm guessing at a Quaker meeting house, but I can't find a similar building already posted, so maybe I am wrong.

Maurice :cool:

Oh right - no Moseley Bog is a totally different place and is just off Yardley Wood Road. I live very near there. The place where you get a key is just Moseley Park I think.

Last edited:
I used to have a friend whose family lived at 6 Salisbury Road, just down from the Moseley Village traffic lights, so I knew Moseley Park quite well, but only from that side of the lake. From the other side, from where we used to get incursions by Teddy boys, there was an entrance. I don't think that is it and as far as I know it hasn't changed, but what would I know? :)

Maurice - think this is the Salisbury Road gate and I was looking beyond the gate at the trees. Not sure when the gate went up.
1578430864549.png

Last edited:
Janice,

I didn't realise there was a gate on Salisbury Road as all the houses along there have fairly small gardens and their back gates open onto the path around the lake. In that case you could well be in with a chance as I know of no other candidate. :) 1958 or 1959 was the last time went in there via my friend's house. Although the houses look quite big, I remember that the rooms seemed rather small. They also employed a park-keeper.

Last edited:
We are now looking for answers to, the 6 remaining questions, a few clues might help a little.

Number 7, A footballer from days gone by.

Number 10 , A religious dwelling

Number 11, yes obviously a farm but not any of those mentioned so far, the one used to be in the south east of Birmingham.

Number 12, Yes a Victorian urinal that was under a railway bridge that is no longer there

Number 13, Yes the entrance to a park some years back, but not your normal park.

Number 15, Once a busy crossroads in a red light part of Birmingham.

hi phil so no 14 has been answered then...i was going to say the statue was at holloway head...trust me to be too late...

lyn

Maurice

It is neither, I would say that it is was about a 15 minute walk from number 14.

no 12..fazeley st new canal st or maybe digbeth way ie milk st

Last edited:
15 from the clue and the width of the road, I'd guess Belgrave Road corner of either Moseley Road (looks wrong for that) or Longmore Street.
12. That seems to have been a pretty standard design. It's a lot like the one by the cannon hill pub but there's no railway bridge there. There used to be one on Clifton Road next to the railway bridge but I don't remember the marker next to it.

Right number 12 is not the Court Road urinal it is in fact near the border of Nechells & Aston. Number 15 is on the old 48 bus route. Number 7 is not Ron Saunders, but I can tell you he played for Small Heath, Everton & Burnley.

Back