• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham 2019 Christmas Quiz

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Here we are once again with my annual Christmas quiz for those who find themselves at a loose end over the holiday period, all the questions are Birmingham related. The personalities are either born in Birmingham or have a connection with the city, and the locations are all within the boundaries of our great city, its quite simple just name the first 8 personalities and name the 8 locations that come next.

As usual I will give no answers until all 16 have been given correctly, good luck to all who give it a try.

Quiz 2019.jpg

Although I note 52 views to date, nobody as yet has had a try. I didn't think it was that hard, I'll try bringing it to the front to see of that does any good.

I looked at it yesterday but the only one I knew straight away was Dave Pegg :)
Looking again, I guess:

2. Dave Pegg

5. Joseph Lucas

6 Nick Rhodes

12. Victorian toilet in the Jewellery Quarter

14. Henry Moore sculpture - Botanical Gardens?

16. Longbridge Austin factory?

;) A good quiz Phil, I was one of the 52 viewers. However, I haven't the faintest idea who any of the people are and likewise the other have me foxed. I expect the views have all been posted here on BHF already somewhere.

Me likewise, Alan, I only lived there for 24 years and half of those were in my childhood years. Neither have I watched TV for over 15 years or bothered watching modern films. A distinct disadvantage for most of these quizzes. I have to pass......

Maurice :cool:

Me likewise, Alan, I only lived there for 24 years and half of those were in my childhood years. Neither have I watched TV for over 15 years or bothered watching modern films. A distinct disadvantage for most of these quizzes. I have to pass......

Maurice :cool:
I'm in the same boat as Alan & Maurice! :-(

Well of course I know all the answers I am holding back as to give some a chance.
Sadly I was someone who had a view thinking how hard could this be
The only thing I knew for sure was the name of the guy who posted the quiz.
Thanks Phil

Well of course I know all the answers I am holding back as to give some a chance.
Sadly I was someone who had a view thinking how hard could this be
The only thing I knew for sure was the name of the guy who posted the quiz.
Thanks Phil
I did know that the "token female" is in a Christmas TV M&S advert. The rest, I hadn't a clue.

As usual I'm only counting the first poster to get each one one correct. On that basis there are 8 correct answers so far, which ones are for you to work out.

I look at the pictures of the places and they look familiar, no doubt from seeing them on here, but naming them is another matter.

9. Steps down to Snow Hill station ?

11. A farm (I know that's a pathetic attempt).

13. Looks like a park so would guess Cannon Hill.

And I couldn't even hazard a guess at the others I don't know.

Can you tell us which ones we are missing Phil?

This is something I don't normally do, but as the quiz seems to be dragging on a bit this year I will make this alteration to the rules. The answers are still needed for nine questions not eight as I stated and those are

3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15.

Good luck.

Back