• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

West Midlands Metro trams going blue 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
David
I was trying to think of a wisecrack that featured Rudolph, but somehow I could not bring myself to stoop lower than I normally would, but will ask is there one called Dasher? Donner und Blitzen!!! what will they think of next?

Bob

David
I was trying to think of a wisecrack that featured Rudolph, but somehow I could not bring myself to stoop lower than I normally would, but will ask is there one called Dasher? Donner und Blitzen!!! what will they think of next?

Bob
You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen
Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen
But do you recall
The most famous reindeer of all?

Blue trams between Jewellery Quarter and Bull Street.

30 and 34 at Jewellery Quarter, after I rode 30 from Library.

28 at St Paul's.

28 at St Chad's.

32 at St Paul's.

Caught it to Bull Street yesterday afternoon.

32 at Bull Street after getting off. It now has batteries.

Then 17 went past.

Yes I think that the new blue livery is very smart but what I miss is the old Birmingham Transport colours od cream lined in black. I thought that it looked very smart and no adverts too.

Yes I think that the new blue livery is very smart but what I miss is the old Birmingham Transport colours od cream lined in black. I thought that it looked very smart and no adverts too.

We have to appreciate that these are West Midland trams not Birmingham trams. Therefore we cannot impose Birmingham on the other towns in the area. BCT buses have not run since 1969, 50 years ago and most people working for Transport for the West Midlands will not remember them.

At least, David, a good many here on BHF remember the BCT and Midland Red. Maybe present day employees would realise how easy modern vehicles are to operate then those of yesteryear. Anyone who drives an automatic car presently will know the difference from vehicles with gear stick and clutch.

The old colours aren't coming back. You only see them on certain buses.

A few trams at Library Tram Stop yesterday.

36 Rudolph

25 OLA with batteries

23 Comet

Last edited:
Tram 19 yesterday evening at Grand Central. 1999 - 2019 -20 Years livery. The only tram not fully blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back