• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Snipping Tool

carolina

master brummie
My snipping tool has suddenly stopped working. I can click on it but it doesnt let me draw around anything to snip. Any ideas anyone?

My version seems to be working but there is a new version available. I had a message pop up when I last used snipping tool - the new version is called "snip and sketch". I have't used it yet but I did find it in the list of available tools when I clicked on the windows logo.
1574716824456.png

My version seems to be working but there is a new version available. I had a message pop up when I last used snipping tool - the new version is called "snip and sketch". I have't used it yet but I did find it in the list of available tools when I clicked on the windows logo.
View attachment 139544
Yes I have had that and everything ok until today.

In that case I am not sure why it won't work. Did you try the new version?
I have sat for over 1.5hrs to get it to work, so after reading your comment something clicked so I uninstalled the old system and clicked on the 'new one' and it said download so I did, hey presto its working. Thanks so much. Sometimes a little help goes a long way.

My screen snip is working ok. I click the notification icon bottom right then click Screen Snip and this example has gone into the clip board. I can then paste it anywhere.
Snip example.jpg

I have sat for over 1.5hrs to get it to work, so after reading your comment something clicked so I uninstalled the old system and clicked on the 'new one' and it said download so I did, hey presto its working. Thanks so much. Sometimes a little help goes a long way.

well done carolina....you have more knowledge than i ever will lol

lyn

Back