• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi NoddKD,

Cheers most definitely M.A.S.H. always a favourite but, the rest sorry mate have to disagree. Friends is just a poor mans version of Cold Feet.

Lozellian
M.A.S.H yer i watch that every night. prefer trapper to bj

Last edited:
I'm still watching the BBC iPlayer, some good what I would call 'modern' comedy!

Motherland is brilliant, made me laugh!

Hi NoddKD,

Cheers most definitely M.A.S.H. always a favourite but, the rest sorry mate have to disagree. Friends is just a poor mans version of Cold Feet.

Lozellian
Agreed on MASH. Never heard of Cold Feet. Though did suffer from that on several exercises in Norway.

Agreed on MASH. Never heard of Cold Feet. Though did suffer from that on several exercises in Norway.

Hi NoddKD,

Never been to Norway, fortunately only ever sent to warmer climates. Search for the 1st series of Cold Feet maybe on youtube, can't remember when it was first on TV but, I think you might enjoy it once you get into it.

Lozellian.

Hi NoddKD,

Never been to Norway, fortunately only ever sent to warmer climates. Search for the 1st series of Cold Feet maybe on youtube, can't remember when it was first on TV but, I think you might enjoy it once you get into it.

Lozellian.
Thanks Lozellian
On your recommendation I shall give it a go. Be warned ,I shall bill you for wasted electricity if I dislike it.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Thanks Lozellian
On your recommendation I shall give it a go. Be warned ,I shall bill you for wasted electricity if I dislike it.:joy::joy::joy::joy:
Hi Lozellian, just watched three episodes of Cold Feet. Not for me I'm afraid.
Bill in post. :joy: :joy:

Nodd the tightwad.

Apologies before I start - I can't remember which channel this programme was on or the name of it! Fat lot of good really as I would like to watch whole series.
Earlier in the week there was an episode of a programme about dogs, one was about Anatolian Shepherd dog protecting goats against cheetahs and in doing so preventing the cheetahs from being shot. The second dog was a 'sprocket' spaniel, half springer-half cocker, sniffing out water voles and the last one was about dogs, mainly collies, who scared the birds away from runways to prevent them being sucking into jet engines and so causing a crash.

It was a really good programme so if you like dogs I would recommend it BUT I would also like to know when the next episode is please!!

Hi Lozellian, just watched three episodes of Cold Feet. Not for me I'm afraid.
Bill in post. :joy: :joy:

Nodd the tightwad.

Hiya Nodd,

Sorry about that, I thought it may have appealed to you never mind chq in post. Last ditch attempt what about "The Likely Lads"?

Lozellian.

Hiya Nodd,

Sorry about that, I thought it may have appealed to you never mind chq in post. Last ditch attempt what about "The Likely Lads"?

Lozellian.
Lozellian,
Now you're speaking my language. Likely Lads brilliant. Lost count of the times I have watched them, my wife thinks I should know them word for word.
I'll forgive you for cold feet,you may cancel the cheque :joy: :joy:

Lozellian,
Now you're speaking my language. Likely Lads brilliant. Lost count of the times I have watched them, my wife thinks I should know them word for word.
I'll forgive you for cold feet,you may cancel the cheque :joy: :joy:

Hi Nodd,

You're a star they were great, i even remember when they used to be on the Radio. I had a feeling we'd eventually hit the right note mate, "Fawlty Towers", Black Adder"?

Lozellian.

I`m currently watching Escape to the Chateau ( wish Dick would get rid of that mouse under his nose :)) Surprising how many Brits have bought Chateau`s in France & making a jolly good job of doing them up. Myself i prefer a bungalow to a chateau! I`ve also watched the first two episodes of "The Mandalorian" ( a Star Wars spin off ) Very entertaining, though my dog`s not keen on the critters in it. Woof woof. Yesterday I watched an Audie Murphy cowboy Arizona Raiders, probably one of his last films as he seemed to have lost his youthful looks.

I first saw Audie Murphy in the film "To Hell and Back" which was an autobiographical description of his time as an American soldier during WW2. He became the most decorated soldier of WW2 in the American armed forces.
Surprised you have so much time to watch TV Smudger. I thought that you would be looking after the shop! Dave.
IMG_20191116_111448143 (2).jpg

Watched from Here to Iternity yesterday.Burt Lancaster,Frank Sinatra and Deborha Carr Ernest Borgnine &Montgomery Cliff.What a brilliant load of actors.Only trouble was during the fight scene Montgomery Cliff seemed to grow about a foot:laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Hi Nodd,

You're a star they were great, i even remember when they used to be on the Radio. I had a feeling we'd eventually hit the right note mate, "Fawlty Towers", Black Adder"?

Lozellian.
Hi Lozellian
Fawlty Towers excellent comedy. I have all the episodes on DVD but still watch when it is shown on tv. My wife's company once held its Christmas function at the hotel that inspired John Cleese to write the series.
Didn't really rate the first Black Adder series, the remainder were fantastic. The final scene in Black Adder goes forth when they go over the top should be counted as one of the top scenes in British television history. I always seem to get something in my eye whenever I watch it.

Nodd the tv critic:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back