• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cole Family (and Sarjant)

P

P_D_N_M

Hi :)

One of my 'surname interests' for Birmingham is 'Cole;:

My great grandmother was Rose Cole. She was born in Leamington, or thereabouts, in around 1885 and lived most of her adult life in Kings Heath. She married George Sarjant from Aston. His sister Lilian married her brother Ernest, known as Jack.

Here she is in 1891

Place: Warwick -Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Leamington
Ecclesiastical Parish: St Johns
Address: 2 Clarkson Cottage's
Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born
COLE Frederick Head M M 40 Day Labourer Warwickshire - Leamington
COLE Lucy Wife M F 38 Warwickshire - Leamington
COLE Mary Dau S F 20 Laundress Warwickshire - Leamington
COLE Frederick Son S M 17 Gen Labourer Warwickshire - Leamington
COLE Ada Dau - F 13 Scholar Warwickshire - Leamington
COLE Rose Dau - F 6 Scholar Warwickshire - Leamington
COLE Emily Dau - F 4 Scholar Warwickshire - Leamington

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Marriages Mar 1911 [/SIZE]COLE Rose King's N. 6c477 Sarjant George [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Mother's name was Cole[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Birth Date[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]name [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]District Vol Page [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Births Sep 1911[/SIZE]
SARJANT George A
King's N. 6c751
[SIZE=+1]Births Dec 1912 [/SIZE]
Sarjant Albert E
King's N. 6c709
[SIZE=+1]Births Mar 1917 [/SIZE]
Sarjant Rose B
Kings N. 6d29
[SIZE=+1]Births Jun 1922[/SIZE]
Sarjant Florence L
King's N. 6d46
[SIZE=+1]Marriages Dec 1915 [/SIZE]Cole Ernest J Aston 6d1277 Sarjant Lilian
I couldn't find any Cole/Sarjant children.... although there were a lot of Cole/Cole chidren, so they may have been reg'd under that.

Hello Pomgolian :)
Thank you for your interest.
Yes ~ that's the family!
I don't think that Lilian Sarjant, nee Cole, had any children.
I wonder if anyone else on here is connected to them?

Hello Pomgolian :)
Thank you for your interest.
Yes ~ that's the family!
I don't think that Lilian Sarjant, nee Cole, had any children.
I wonder if anyone else on here is connected to them?
Hello came across this post whilst looking into my family history my surname is sarjant and I belive my nan was born aston.

Hi Misssarj

My mother was Margaret Sarjant (1930-1988) who's family lived around Aston/Witton. Grandfather was Alfred Henry Sarjant (1901-1956), GGrandfather was Alfred George Sarjant (1872-1949). be good to hear from you if you recognise any of these names. Good hunting
Hello my surname is also sarjant I only found above thread yesterday trying to trace my family tree

Hi Misssarj

My mother was Margaret Sarjant (1930-1988) who's family lived around Aston/Witton. Grandfather was Alfred Henry Sarjant (1901-1956), GGrandfather was Alfred George Sarjant (1872-1949). be good to hear from you if you recognise any of these names. Good hunting
Hello, came across your reply as im looking into this again, yes those names i have also. Im not sure if you will see this so please email me if you do [email protected]
Look forward to hearing from you

Misssarj
We do not recommend putting personal emails on the open forum incase of attracting unwanted spam. You can remove by clicking on edit at the bottom of your post, and send a personal message , which will only be seen by you and the recipient, by clicking on the envelope symbol at the top right hand corner of the page

Back