• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best to me is when on these antiques shows they come in with a solid silver small dish and say they are down sizing when you know they are selling it for the money:joy::joy:

• Appreciate
Reactions: ade
The best to me is when on these antiques shows they come in with a solid silver small dish and say they are down sizing when you know they are selling it for the money:joy::joy:
I want to keep it really but I'll take the highest bid :joy:

Watced a programme on Freeview tonight, on Channel 7 BIRMINGHAM TV. It was called Streets of Birmingham which took us round the streets of Digbeth and Deritend, with a local historian telling us all about the history of buildings and factories in the area. Very interesting.

Did anyone see the so called football match on TV last night.
Wonder if the players had Harry Redknaps JAM ROLLY POLLYS at half time:laughing::laughing:

But the nice thing about those shows they always go nuts for Birmingham silver, makes a Brumie feel proud. I used to go into the silver and gun quarter all the time to pick up Jaguars for service, some talented folk up that way.

On a Saturday nights watching Match of the Day on BBC and ITV Football focus it always gets me thinking ,With all their knowledge on football ,Why have these So called top class players and Pundits never tried to be Managers of a football club. Is it because they don't get the sack so easily from the TV. ;);)

Noticed that the hard drive in my TV was nearly full so started thinking about deleting recordings.

I have 58 episodes of Fools and Horses and haven't watched one since recording them some years ago.

25 episodes of 'Top Gear' and since they are repeated continually on 'Dave' they can go because again I haven't watched any of my recordings and now deleted them.

78 episodes of 'Dad's Army' and I haven't watched any of these. They are continually repeated so the delete button can be pressed ... or maybe not ... :rolleyes:

That left 'Fools and Horses' and with nothing worth watching on TV last night I decided to watch the first episode I recorded about 7 years ago.
Rodney decides to date a young police women and says he is bringing her home to the flat ... Del-Boy and granddad panic and start hiding dodgy stuff ... brilliant ...

I'm keeping 'Fools and Horses' ... I had forgotten just how good they were and will now start watching them ...:D

You can't beat fools and horses absolutely brilliant, I also love Goodnight Sweetheart with Dervla Kirwan and Nicholas Lyndhurst

YouTube is really good now for showing complete series from years gone, at the moment I'm watching all the prisoner episodes (Patrick McGoohan) the TV now is pretty poor I'm not surprised that people are still turning to the old classics especially the old British comedy shows
strange i am watching that right now,

Last edited:
ahh the prisoner...watched it when it first came out and could not understand it..then watched it again many years later and still couldnt get to grips with it and if i watched it now i would most likely still be none the wiser:Dhaving said that i was fascinated by it and about 4 years ago i visited portmeiron where it was filmed...totally surreal.... i kept imagining that great ball coming out of the sea to get me lol a programme well before its time and all i can say is "i am not a number":D

lyn

ahh the prisoner...watched it when it first came out and could not understand it..then watched it again many years later and still couldnt get to grips with it and if i watched it now i would most likely still be none the wiser:Dhaving said that i was fascinated by it and about 4 years ago i visited portmeiron where it was filmed...totally surreal.... i kept imagining that great ball coming out of the sea to get me lol a programme well before its time and all i can say is "i am not a number":D

lyn
i came from brum here to see them filming it . never thought then i would be living here.1567021055948.png

I remember those spheres that controlled people, weird. I like the Mini-Moke cars, we had then in the Fire Service, except they were usually manufacturers green colour.
Thinking of a Mini Moke car I have never forgotten the show It's A Knockout. I believe it was in Blacpool - the north east anyway - where four team members had to remove the wheels from a Moke and carry the car a short distance. The legs of one of the team, at the front of the car, became totally bowed. It looked so funny; I have never forgotten it.
:eek:Last of The Summer Wine, usually early evenings on Freeview has now been relegated to second place whilst La Vuelta d'Espana takes place. The only other things I may watch are Open All Hours or Porridge which is late in the evening a very relaxing before sleep. I have always been of the opinion that macabre or violent programmes late in the evening are not conducive to a good nights sleep.
I have not been to Port Meirion, in Wales but I have been to the Port Meirion pottery factory in Longton. ;) I have some of their dinner plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back