• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sweets We Used To Have

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind’s eye (mind’s mouth?) I can taste it even now! I must have some - please, if anyone knows where it can be found, do let me know - and soon!

just found this ...looks like they are still making it....yeah..will have to find johnsons website as i cant say ive seen it in the shops

Banana Split Toffee – One of Johnson's proudest creations. We are still producing this confectionery masterpiece to its original recipe, with a creamy bananachewy centre sandwiched between two layers of our traditional plain cream toffee. ... Banana split Toffee is available in two sizes; a 150 gram bag or a 450 gram box.Banana Split Toffee - Johnsons ToffeeJohnsons Toffee

Looks like they mainly do online
£3.49 for 150g, presumably plus postage

Can't beat the Rum & Raisin Fudge either - could easily spend a small fortune there! :cool:

Maurice

i am going to treat myself as well john...just hope my teeth dont fall out they are not as strong as they used to be :D

lyn

My wife has just reminded me of a product we used to enjoy as kids but don't see around any longer. Not so much a sweet, more of a crisp and that was Potato Puffs. I remember they used to come in a red and yellow packet and were shaped like a little potato pillow.

Went for a day trip to France last week.The wife bought a huge bag of sweets for the G/children
Had to try one or two.Remember CHEWITS these tasted just like them.

Remember spangles, they were nice but used to have that horrible black one in the pack
The original Spangles pack that I remember was yellow. I'm not sure what flavour the black one was supposed to be. Did they not make an all-blackcurrant pack in dark blue? There was a black liquorice pack and a mint variety. Somehow the mint spangles seemed to be thinner and the Old English thicker. We liked the Old English but the original black one probably wasn't the best one to finish the pack with!

Then there were the fizzy, large tablet types, in a roll. Can't remember what they were called.

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back