• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Happy Valley fishing in the Canal

Edifi,

I was a regular with my father until his death in 1952 - quite a few roach in there as well. After he died, I was in the middle of my MGS eductaion, my mother was doing three jobs just to make ends meet, and it wasn't the same without Dad, and I didn't go fishing again until I moved south to Dorset and then it was Poole Harbour or just offshore for a few years. Nowadays I leave the catching to local Greek fishermen and concentrate on the eating! :cool:

Maurice

Used to collect frogspawn from the little basin at the back of the Three Horseshoes pub in Millpool Hill. Never did find out where the millpool was, though.

Stickler backs and gudgeon were a real pain when you were hoping for roach. Never believed there were any roach until the locks drained out at Perry Barr then saw dozens of dead ones.

Back