• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch very little TV and what I do watch is usually BBC1, BBC2 and BBC4 because I cannot stand adverts, they used to be every half hour for 3 minutes, they are now every 15 mins for 5 minutes - 20 minutes every hour. I do occasionally record old films on FV 81, Talking Pictures, mostly black and white, some I have seen before, films like Great Expectations, Hobsons Choice etc... Yesterday I recorded The Four Feathers (1939) which I will watch this evening with a tot (or 2) of Drambuie I was given for Christmas. Eric

Quizzes, love them.Nature films and OF COURSE Peaky Blinders.
I too like to watch old comedy shows ,watched Ronnie Barker in Porridge recently
and realised how bad some of the modern comedy shows are.
Can't beat Porridge,Rising Damp, Dads' Army and Last of the Summer Wine, well this has given my age away,lol Alberta.

I watch very little TV and what I do watch is usually BBC1, BBC2 and BBC4 because I cannot stand adverts, they used to be every half hour for 3 minutes, they are now every 15 mins for 5 minutes - 20 minutes every hour. I do occasionally record old films on FV 81, Talking Pictures, mostly black and white, some I have seen before, films like Great Expectations, Hobsons Choice etc... Yesterday I recorded The Four Feathers (1939) which I will watch this evening with a tot (or 2) of Drambuie I was given for Christmas. Eric

What channel is Boon on? . Interested as I knew Mick Elphick as a teenager

"Antiques Roadshow" is an absolute must for me.
They've just started a dramatised version of "Les Miserables" (no singing, yaaay !) and the first episode showed promised.
They showed a clip of Billy Connolly doing his "incontinence pants" sketch the other night. I hurt myself laughing, again.
Did anyone watch "Versailles" a couple of months ago ? Excellent.

What channel is Boon on? . Interested as I knew Mick Elphick as a teenager
drama channel. met him once,in a pub. Neil Morrissey he used to be at santa pod with us he was a nice bloke. made a daft video.called vampire motor bike. lol

I haven't watched TV for about seven years now, I just couldn't take any more soaps, reality shows, talent shows or the ever increasing amount of time taken up by adverts I do however have most of the streaming services so I can watch what I choose when I want to without being interrupted by inane adverts.

Mike

I used to chat with Michael Elphick nearly every day for about three weeks he couldn't have been doing much work at the time, being the length of time it took us to do some groundworks on a new build site at the back of his pub The White Swan at Henley in Arden. The only reason I was there was because the contract said that there needed to be a supervisor on the site, so I had a lot of spare time on my hands. He was a very nice chap, but seemed a little sad most of the time. This must have been in the mid 90's(I think).

I haven't watched TV for about seven years now, I just couldn't take any more soaps, reality shows, talent shows or the ever increasing amount of time taken up by adverts I do however have most of the streaming services so I can watch what I choose when I want to without being interrupted by inane adverts.

Mike

I used to chat with Michael Elphick nearly every day for about three weeks he couldn't have been doing much work at the time, being the length of time it took us to do some groundworks on a new build site at the back of his pub The White Swan at Henley in Arden. The only reason I was there was because the contract said that there needed to be a supervisor on the site, so I had a lot of spare time on my hands. He was a very nice chap, but seemed a little sad most of the time. This must have been in the mid 90's(I think).
hi.phil thats were we met him. i dont think he liked bikers somehow

Was this the one where the opening sequence was filmed at Snow Hill? Got £2.00 as an extra with about 50 other people to walk down from the booking hall, down the steps onto the Platform. Did it two/three times, all sent on our way. Rushed to see the film and the opening scene was the empty stairs......fame had passed me by. Although I thought it had a different title originally.

Bob

One for all you ex RAF bods. Last night i watched "Get some in " on Forces tv. The working clarse can kiss my ????, i`m in the Sgts mess at larst. Not exactly sophisticated humour but watchable. Starsky & Hutch are also on Forces tv, but i don`t watch that just because Miss Daisy looks cute in hotpants!

One for all you ex RAF bods. Last night i watched "Get some in " on Forces tv. The working clarse can kiss my ????, i`m in the Sgts mess at larst. Not exactly sophisticated humour but watchable. Starsky & Hutch are also on Forces tv, but i don`t watch that just because Miss Daisy looks cute in hotpants!
i like forces tv. ps fibber lol

Last edited:

I second the watchability of Miss Daisy's hotpants but wasn't she in "The Dukes of Hazard" old chap ?

was she was the lady the deputy was after? in starkers and crutch,, :joy::joy:sorry starsky & hutch Catherine Bach
Hi
My recollection of Huggy Bear is that he was a bloke (Antonio Fargas) !
Kind regards
Dave

Last edited:
Hi
My recollection of Huggy Bear is that he was a bloke (Antonio Fargas) !
Kind regards
Dave
Dave89, yes i know Huggy Bear was a bloke, i was just trying to be funny, but obviously it didn`t "cut the mustard" ( There`s a good old English saying for you.:cool:

Dave89, yes i know Huggy Bear was a bloke, i was just trying to be funny, but obviously it didn`t "cut the mustard" ( There`s a good old English saying for you.:cool:

Hi Smudger,

Must have been on a go slow (another good old expression) yesterday
- sorry about that!

Kind regards
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back