• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Photographic studio Alum Rock Road

LyninUK

Hi, Does anyone recall the photographic studios which was on the Alum Rock Road, opposite the Brookhill Public House? I remember my mother taking my daughter there for some pictures around 1973 and am desperate to get hold of negatives. Problem being I cannot find who took the photos. I know it was a woman photographer. Can anyone help with the name of the photographer or the Studio?

the only one I can see is Morris studios at 491 alum rock road, good luck with your search...

That sounds familiar. Thank you so much. My mother had a lovely photo of my daughter which ‘went missing’ some time ago. Mother suffered with Alzheimer’s for many years prior to her death and I am now trying to find the photo. Morris studios sounds like a good start.

It was definitely Morris Studio’s run by a Howard Morris as my father had the television shops next door in the 50’s and 60’s. The shops were called Stan Woods and for a time Channel 8 referring to the commercial television station.

It was definitely Morris Studio’s run by a Howard Morris as my father had the television shops next door in the 50’s and 60’s. The shops were called Stan Woods and for a time Channel 8 referring to the commercial television station.
it was morris's photo studio, later run by the son.trever he lived in bromforld lane.and moved to aberystwith. he was a friend of mine.. is dad took our family photo 66 yrs ago.

Attachments

• morris's.png
    morris's.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back