• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Anyone Remember Pagoda Park

Carl 80's throwback

proper brummie kid
Me and my girlfriend, now wife were regular visitors to Pagoda Park in the 80's.

We have great memories.

If you used to go to the club, share your memories.

i worked therere as a go-go dancer in the 70s. it was called La Dolce Vita at the time.

I spent many a night in La Dolce Vita, at the time it was the best night out in Birmingham. The food wasn't up to much, well I suppose you can't have everything, but the acts were great and the drink was plentiful, the best thing was it was all affordable.

thanks impis and welcome..... thats a smashing group photo

lyn
I have had lots of people ask me if we were all in fancy dress on this photo. No! This is how we dressed back then! LOL! [the clothes look pretty normal to me]. I love this photo - brings back so many happy memories.

I have had lots of people ask me if we were all in fancy dress on this photo. No! This is how we dressed back then! LOL! [the clothes look pretty normal to me]. I love this photo - brings back so many happy memories.
Impis, tell the next person who asks about the fashions that even if people did not have so much money back then, they did prefer to dress smartly and not like refugees or from third world backwoods. :laughing:

Hi all I worked on the Dolci vita after the big fire in the 70s it was during the miners strike so we lost the electric on a regular basis which did not help us as we were under pressure to open for Xmas season. I was able to see some of the early acts as I was there during their rehearsals carrying out finishing work they included Kiki Dee, Roger Whiticare but Les Dawson who we most wanted to see failed to turn up for his rehearsal as they say he did most times.
The management gave all us foremen and our wives a free night there as a thank you for our work getting it open on time.
Regards acklam19

I had my hen night in Pagoda Park back in 1985. It used to be Romeo & Juliettes before that. Nearby clubs were Lacarno and Millionaires.

I worked the hot dog and burger stand outside, saw some mad sights lol, it was Steptoes before it became Pagoda

Back