• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coppermine image hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I try to access coppermine I get a message "This service is not available". Is it just me, or a forum problem?

I tried via a link I saved to favourites and got the same message Mike.

Same here! My pictures are visible in my posts though.
Also I always click for "New posts" when I log in, halfway through the list I was logged out.
I think in previous years I had a Birthday email, (the date of birth is private on my profile), I didn't have one this time.
I'm not complaining!!! Just commenting!!
rosie.

I think the birthday link was disabled as the information can be used by ID thieves. I believe someone was concerned and contacted us.

I can't access Coppermine either, so I think it's broken :)
I last used it on April 20th to upload some pdf files.

fixed, I do weekly backups and for some reason after it suspended the two sites it didn't bring coppermine back when it finished (i hadn't noticed this)

Same here! My pictures are visible in my posts though.
Also I always click for "New posts" when I log in, halfway through the list I was logged out.
I think in previous years I had a Birthday email, (the date of birth is private on my profile), I didn't have one this time.
I'm not complaining!!! Just commenting!!
rosie.

google is putting our emails into the spam folder due to incomplete DNS records, ive got to put a call into the hosts to get it corrected.

Can someone advise me how to access copper mine, have not been able to access it for months, the icon on top of page has been removed ????. Answer in Plain English please. Eric

I notice the link to Image Hosting on the BHF opening page does not work.
The present link is
https://images.birminghamhistory.co.uk/coppermine/index.php

I can get to the Log-in page with
https://images.birminghamhistory.co.uk/coppermine/login.php
but when I try a log in I get the following error message
Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query

I know that not many forum members use Coppermine but I have hundreds of images on it and recently intensively used it to recover most of the forum's lost Photobucket images when Photobucket Inc decided to block them.

The main forum is linking to Coppermine pics with no problems provided the https log-in is used.

I can live with not uploading any more images to it and probably won't, but just wondering what the forum policy is regarding Coppermine ?

oM, I have about 100 images/paintings on copper mine but get the impression very few members use it now, so don't bother any more. Just tried it and I also received that 'Critical Error' message Eric

I'll take a look at it probably a database error when I get chance I'll fix it

going to try and install an update in the hopes it fixes it, I've backed up the images just in case. Worst case scenario it doesn't work anymore but the images will still be linked.

right good news bad news sandwich.
It's now working
its lost everything
all existing images still work.

sorry guys it was beyond repair I managed to keep the images (the important part) but the database was so bad I couldn't repair it.

thanks for trying warren as mike said at least we still have the images...while we have you here there has been an awful lot of members who are not receiving the email alert to threads they have posted on even though they have ticked to receive them...any advise on this problem please

lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back