• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Pauls C of E school Spencer Street Hockley

james houston

Mr Sparks
Is there anyone out there who remembers st pauls school on the corner of spencer st and warstone lane. I went there between 1957 -1962.Jim

I started this thread 4 years ago and as of today I haven't had a reply perhaps this reminder may bring in a few replies many thanks love the Forum .Jim

Hi Jim,

Good to hear that you got rich,,, and you're a brother Villa Fan,, now all you need is an

ex Saint Paul's School pupil then you've got your hat-trick, Good luck m8

This is worth researching. I lived not too far away and I never knew there was a school on the corner of Spencer st. When did it close down, do you know?

Fantastic Bob I have tried to find a picture of the school for a long time and to read the history of the school is brilliant. Many thanks .Jim Houston

Closure of the school in 1968. Someone may remember the Headmistress in this photo. Viv.

image.jpeg

I remember this lady very well she new everyones name in the school and i was there when the garden was built.
Closure of the school in 1968. Someone may remember the Headmistress in this photo. Viv.

View attachment 122724
Hi all My sister and I went to St Paul’s Spencer Street and she is the girl next to the head is my sister Susan Murray lovely to see the photo, I remember our mom had this clip for a long time but must have lost it so it’s really nice to see it again after all these years, I have sent it to my sister. Thanks for sharing.

Hi all My sister and I went to St Paul’s Spencer Street and she is the girl next to the head is my sister Susan Murray lovely to see the photo, I remember our mom had this clip for a long time but must have lost it so it’s really nice to see it again after all these years, I have sent it to my sister. Thanks for sharing.
oh how lovely to have found that photo again teresa hopefully your sister can get it printed off to keep or pass it onto her children if she has any...

lyn

oh how lovely to have found that photo again teresa hopefully your sister can get it printed off to keep or pass it onto her children if she has any...

lyn
Hi Lyn yes it’s lovely to see it again, she will be pleased and will get it printed. I remember the school well, Susan was 11 and I was 9 when it closed. She went to Camden Street girls and I went to the junior school there.

Hi Lyn yes it’s lovely to see it again, she will be pleased and will get it printed. I remember the school well, Susan was 11 and I was 9 when it closed. She went to Camden Street girls and I went to the junior school there.
smashing terera...hope you enjoy the forum there is plenty to read about..use the search box we may have a thread for camden st school

lyn

Back