• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Elvis

Smudger

master brummie
It`s 40 years since the death of Elvis. Not surprising he died so young when this was his favourite sandwhich.Elvis.jpg

That's tiny compared with some on offer out there, I was out with my daughter in a restaurant and asked for a sandwich, my daughter said "no dad you only want half" when it came it was still too much to eat in one go,had to take some of it home for the next day. :(

Can't believe it's 40 years. I saw him happily playing his guitar on the Strip, Las Vegas in 2012. Sorry it's only a rear view. Dave.

Attachments

• SV100024 (2).JPG
    SV100024 (2).JPG
    669.1 KB · Views: 24
i was staying in morcambe at the time of his death...on the way to the north of scotland...the first record i ever had was the wonder of you by elvis..played it over and over and over again...drove our mom barmy

lyn

Can't believe it's 40 years. I saw him happily playing his guitar on the Strip, Las Vegas in 2012. Sorry it's only a rear view. Dave.
Elvis did a blessing on our marriage in 2004!! in Las Vegas. His voice was a bit suspect at that time and his looks had faded , somewhat! Good fun though!

View attachment 118464
It all seems a lifetime away now.

Oh dear, this is so sad to see. Can you imagine what he could have done with his career if he had lived a different life. Perhaps he would have been unhappy with his age and fading looks so dying at 42 will always keep him young and beautiful in most peoples eyes .There'll never be another and his music is timeless.
CHINCH

Back