• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Replacement Attachments Old & New Brum Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Photobucket.com
Please note that a user's bandwidth limit is not related to a users' photo storage limit - they are two different things. A user's storage limit is related to how many images/videos the user has uploaded to Photobucket.com. A user's bandwidth limit gauges how many times someone has viewed their image.

The result for PB pics on the BHF is:-
If a forum member's pics are viewed very many times, the 3rd Party Hosting Usage limit applies.

The existing PB pics we can presently see will remain visible provided they are not viewed too many times... :)

oh well thats just great then phil..so in a nutshell because the photos i have posted on bhf via photobucket are so popular and viewed a lot they have now been removed from bhf by photobucket and will not be restored by them unless i pay a huge amount of money to upgrade my photobucket account (not a chance)...luckily my use of photobucket was only a temporary measure but non the less i did post a lot of photos on here using this method...i am not a happy bunny right now and will NOT be using photobucket ever again:mad::mad::mad:

thanks phil

lyn

Could some wise member explain to me (in plain English) why use photo bucket when you can upload direct from your PC, as I have always done without any problems ????? Eric

I removed every one of my images from photo bucket many moons ago.

Could some wise member explain to me (in plain English) why use photo bucket when you can upload direct from your PC, as I have always done without any problems ????? Eric

i will try eric...when the forum was hacked in 2011 there were problems uploading photos onto the forum via my pc..the alternatives were placing them in the coppermine album which i didnt like the look of or using photobucket so as i said i temporary used the later...soon as the forums problems were sorted out i stopped using photobucket but by then i had posted a considerable amount of photos onto the forum.well i think that was the reason why..it was a long time ago...never mind we live and learn...hopefully over time i can repost some of them...

lyn

Just testing something ... extracting from a Photobucket account.

heathfield road dated 1965
9_heathfield_road_dated_1965img628.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard nothing about this save for what I have read here, if anybody comes across a photo of mine posted through this hosting site that is missing could they please let me know and I will replace it. There might be a couple of hundred in total, I've never been happy about using any hosting site but at the time there was no choice.

hi phil thats what i was explaining to eric...at the time prolific posters such as ourselves had no choice but to use photobucket as a hosting site....

lyn

I've heard nothing about this save for what I have read here, if anybody comes across a photo of mine posted through this hosting site that is missing could they please let me know and I will replace it. There might be a couple of hundred in total, I've never been happy about using any hosting site but at the time there was no choice.
Hi Phil, as far as I can see your PB images are all showing because you are under the 3rd party hosting limit. Lets hope they stay that way ...:)

Thank you Lyn and Phil I'm glad to hear none are missing because as you know Lyn I haven't the time at the moment to investigate and replace any that are missing.

glad your pics are still there phil...seems its just mine that are missing and like you phil i now have more commitments especially during the week...looks like OM can extract photos from my photo bucket account so maybe some of the missing ones can be re posted..

lyn

Photobucket's changed rules has resulted in many pics disappearing from the BHF see the 'Old Street Pics' thread. Using the Google Robot, the pics are being retrieved from PB and placed in the BHF Image Host. (142 so far)
A problem is knowing in which posts the pics need to be replaced. A new thread mirroring the relevant posts in the 'Old Street Pics' thread will be started. The pics in the new thread can later be copied and then pasted into the original posts using 'Edit'. It easier with two windows open. Admin rights are needed to edit other members posts.

Hi Phil, as far as I can see your PB images are all showing because you are under the 3rd party hosting limit. Lets hope they stay that way ...:)

Phil

I've just noticed on a thread that what you said doesn't hold true any longer and the images I posted on the thread in question were missing. I have replaced those, so Could I repeat my request that if anybody comes across any image of mine that is missing could they please let me know and I will replace them.

Hi Phil, when I checked on Saturday, I knew you had a lot PB images in the 'Another Old Pub' thread and they were ok. But I have just looked this morning and most of them have been replaced with the PB ransom note.

Hi Phil, when I checked on Saturday, I knew you had a lot PB images in the 'Another Old Pub' thread and they were ok. But I have just looked this morning and most of them have been replaced with the PB ransom note.
A further look shows up to 197 Photobucket ransom pics across your posts.
I used 'photobucket' in the search top box and your forum name in the 'Posted by member' box.

I think I also posted some on Photobucket for a time. I would say the same as Phil: If anyone sees that any of mine are missing, then let me know, so I can (hopefully) replace them

Phil

Thanks for the info, I will get on to the "Another old pub thread now".

You have a job on there Phil but if you have the images in your computer it should be easier. I was looking at the 'Stampboard' website and some members have 2500 PB images to sort out and some of them had paid for accounts at PB but apparently if you want to use third party links they want $400 p.a.

Phil
The image you quote seems to still be showing to me. Is that because it is already on my computer, or because it has not yet been removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back