• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Felicity Jones (Actress)

farmerdave

master brummie
Felicity Jones's photograph appeared on the front page of The Times this morning. She has been Oscar nominated for Best Actress for her portrayal of the wife of the physicist Stephen Hawking in the film "The Theory of Everything". Felicity Jones was born in Bournville, Birmingham in October 1983 and attended Kings Norton Girls School and then King Edward VI, Handsworth School. Hope she does well at the Oscars, which are in Los Angeles in a few weeks time. Dave.

Thanks for that farmerdave it's a film I would like to see. I had no idea of Felicity's connection to Birmingham. Let's hope she does do well at the Oscars.

Saw the advert for the film tonight and it is one I would like to watch too. I had no idea either Wendy.

'The Theory of Everything' is a must see film which I saw last week!
Following is taken from IMBD authored by 'Lily S':

Felicity Rose Hadley Jones is an English actress. Jones was born in Birmingham, West Midlands, and grew up in Bournville. Her parents met while working at the Wolverhampton Express and Star. Her father was a journalist while her mother was in advertising. They divorced when she was three, and she was brought up with her brother by her mother alone. Despite this, she has said that her family is "extremely close." Her uncle is actor Michael Hadley.

After Kings Norton Girls School, Jones attended King Edward VI Handsworth School, to complete A Levels and went on to take a gap year (during which she appeared in the BBC series Servants). She then read English at Wadham College, Oxford, graduating with a 2:1 in 2006. While studying English, she appeared in student plays, including Attis in which she played the title role, and, in 2005, Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors for the OUDS summer tour to Japan, starring alongside Harry Lloyd.

- IMDb Mini Biography By: Lily S.

Birmingham-born Felicity Jones is very much in the news today. She is the main lead in the newly-released Star Wars film "Rogue One". She was interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning (14/12/2016) and comes across as a very engaging person. She is also very attractive. Dave.

I re-watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Felicity Jones had a small part as Felica Hardy. Although she was under used, and only had a few scenes in it.

I had the pleasure of watching her star in Rogue One - A Star Wars Story, a great performance by her in the lead role.

Simon

On the Basis of Sex review: Felicity Jones holds her own in Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic. another great brummie.and actress.

Last edited:
Back