• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer Meet Up 2 July 2016 At The Bull

interier Aston Hall.JPG This is the painting Frothie is kindly donating, not easy to photograph a framed/glazed painting. The gentleman was sitting with a lady but I just thought I.d like just one figure, so left the lady out, neither were members

View attachment 106292 This is the painting Frothie is kindly donating, not easy to photograph a framed/glazed painting. The gentleman was sitting with a lady but I just thought I.d like just one figure, so left the lady out, neither were members

Hope you don't mind me donating it Eric?
I've had great pleasure seeing this painting on my wall over the years and had some lovely remarks off guests.
The painting has lived upstairs for the last year because of a change of theme in the living room. It seems such a shame to have the painting out of sight, so I feel that someone else should have the same pleasure of it as I've had over the years.

Don't mind in the least Frothy, have sold/gifted well over 300 paintings over last 40 years , doubt very much if they are all still in the same hands !! Eric

HI FOLKS NOT LONG TO GO NOW UNTIL ONCE AGAIN WE ROLL OUT THE BHF BANDWAGON:) looks like i will be able to make it but please dont let that put you off lol..looking forward to seeing some of our regular faces and hopefully some new ones as well..still time to put your names down or just turn up on the day..everyone is most welcome...friends and family included so lets do what we do best and get the bull full of BRUMMIES...see you all soon...think i will have the faggots and peas this time:)

lyn x

Last edited:
Lyn

How you could eat those disgusting things escapes me, if you want me out of the pub just come and sit by me to eat them as even just the smell is enough to get me running for the door.

Lyn

How you could eat those disgusting things escapes me, if you want me out of the pub just come and sit by me to eat them as even just the smell is enough to get me running for the door.

oh phil how can you say that...i love them..usually have the lamb shank but i think a change is called for now...if you are there i promise to sit up a corner and eat then i shall sit by you and tell you how much i enjoyed them lol

Thanks Lyn - done. Here's the full details again for others wanting to come along.

DATE: Saturday, 2 July 2016
TIME: from 12.30
PLACE : The Bull, 1 Price Street, Birmingham B4 6JU

For those unfamiliar with The Bull, here's their website including menus (good food at reasonable prices).
https://www.thebull-pricestreet.com/

Map
1 Price St, Birmingham, West Midlands B4 6JU
https://goo.gl/maps/fKxSX12C7d62

Donations for the raffle are very gratefully received. The raffle is an important part of our regular meet ups as it gives us the chance to raise funds which keep this great site afloat.

I'd like to let Rose know roughly how many to expect, so please let me know if you think you'll be coming along. All new members will get a very warm welcome. We look forward to seeing you there.

Viv.

THOSE HOPING TO ATTEND LIST

1. Viv (Vivienne14)
2. Morturn
3. Jim (postie), Hilary and Shirley
4. Mike (mikejee)
5. Lynne Webb and Vicky
6. Lyn (Astoness) - maybe
7. Eric (cookie273uk)
8. Speedy23
9. annie56 - maybe
10. Frothblower
11. Key Hill Brian
12. Kelly
13. Peggygirl and husband - possible
14. Pat, Cyril and Lindsay
15. Graham, Jo and Nick
16. John Knight
17. Brian (Templer)

Another canal painting !
I`ll be bringing a really big bag - in the hope of making it a pair to carry home.

Also have a raffle prize - a book `The Accidental Gangster` Krays v The Fewtrells (Battle for Birmingham).
Annie

viv although josie cant make it next week she is dropping some raffle ticket money to mine this week...she would also love to win the st georges church painting so would lynne webb and so would i so it looks like we have at least a 3 way a scrap on our hands lol:eek::eek::eek:

Back